RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
nattivillin

We really only need a few service forms. The ones we used before CommitCRM would be great if CommitCRM could drop the system data into it.

How do we edit the forms CommitCRM uses? I was reading about a designer, but its only talking about reports.

Searched the wiki didn't really see what i was looking for.

November 2nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

All the forms listed in the Report Buttons in the toolbar can also be redesigned in the report designer to fit the needs of your business. You can usually find these forms in the Reports > Tickets or Reports > Charges sections.

If you're having any difficulties accessing that form for editing, please copy me the name of the form, so that we can prepare specific instructions on how to redesign that report to your own preferences.

For more information regarding customizing reports, please click here.

Let us know if this helps.

Neta

November 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
nattivillin

Are those directions from inside CommitCRM or from the folder on the server?

November 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Support Team

Hi,

I'm not sure I totally understand the question - basically if you wish to customize any service forms you should actually customize the relevant report. This is done via the application Reports window, by copying the report and then customizing it.

As mentioned, if you tell us which service form you'd like to edit, we can probably provide some more helpful information about this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Neta

November 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
nattivillin

I would like to edit the technician service form with charges 2.

November 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for sending this in.
In order to customize technician service form with charges 2, please follow these directions:

1) please go to [b]Reports > Charges > and select Technician service form with charges 2.
2) Click Copy, and give the copied report a new name, so that we can redesign the copied report.
3) Click Custom Reports, located under the report category pane.
4) Select your copied report from the list, in order to edit the copied report and click the Customize button.
5) Make the changes necessary, Save & close the designer.

Once you've copied the report in step 4, the newly copied report will show up in the toolbar dropdown menus for your service forms, with the word (Custom) printed after the name in the menu, so that it can be easily found. You may need to restart the application in order to see the new report in the list.

More tips on the report designer can also be found here and here.

Let us know if you have anymore questions on this topic

Neta