RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM
AN-Tech

I am just curious how many of the CommitCRM users also use Labtech. It's irritating to see update after update to Labtech with no change to the CommitCRM plugin. So if you use Labtech please reply back to this post.

August 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM
lpopejoy

Agree 100%. The reality is, like it or not, commitcrm users are a growing minority with an RMM platform funded by a CommitCRM competitor. I think the only way to stop that is for CommitCRM to develop some good integration with Labtech, themselves. They are doing it with other vendors, seems like it might help capture some market share.

August 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
AN-Tech

Commit, the problem we have is that Labtech is basically funded by Connectwise. So the best integration that they put out is for Connectwise followed by Autotask. All others have pretty much been ignored and from my inquiries to Labtech there is nothing in the works for updates with their CommitCRM plugin.

Do you guys keep track of how many of us use Labtech? I'm sure any of us using Labtech would welcome a plugin and would most likely have no problem paying for an addon to be created.

Thoughts?

August 15th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Support Team

Yes we do. In any case, we are in the initial process of reviewing the options. There's a lot to it, not only from technical aspects, but this is all better not discussed in the forums. Anyway, hopefully it won't be too long before we have some updates. Thanks.

August 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
AN-Tech

In case anyone cares to see it. Below is a link to the response I got from Labtech when asking about the plugin.

http://docs.labtechsoftware.com/docu...Supportability Statements/KB32005017001012.htm%3FTocPath%3DSupportability%20 Statements%7C_____5

I know, it's an ugly URL that basically says it ain't gonna happen.

August 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
aaspeer

We moved to GFIMax about 8 months ago because labtech support got so horrible - not to mention the connector had some problems. They operate like connectwise and provide horrible customer service.

August 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
lpopejoy

How are you liking MAX?

August 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
aaspeer

It works very well, it is very straight forward as far as configuration and getting it up and running. We have not had 1 hiccup since we launched it.

February 2nd, 2015, 04:19 PM
orbit1234

Hi,
just wondering if there was ever an update for this? We use Labtech and CommitCRM. I don't think Labtech will do much more here but thought Commit might.

February 2nd, 2015, 04:26 PM
AN-Tech

I haven't heard anything since Commit's comments above about hopefully having some updates soon.

Labtech has basically said they do not support it and won't. Labtech is also slated to release their next version soon, I hope when we perform that update we won't lose the little integration we currently have.

February 2nd, 2015, 05:00 PM
lpopejoy

The little integration we had with Labtech was broken a few releases ago. We hired a developer and wrote our own.

What feature set are you looking for?

February 3rd, 2015, 09:23 AM
AN-Tech

Basic stuff

1) Sync Accounts/Contacts
2) Sync Assets
3) Sync Tickets (not positive on this one)
4) Sync Notes on Accounts
5) Possibly extra data fields

February 3rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
lpopejoy

This is all do-able.

1) Sync Accounts/Contacts.
Realistically, does the provide a lot of value? From my perspective, we create the account once and it's done. I'm curious how you would use this.
2) Sync Assets
Definitely. This is primarily just so that you can have tickets linked to assets - and view tickets by asset, right?
3) Sync Tickets (not positive on this one)
This is the only one I am positive about. Why WOULDN'T you want this?
4) Sync Notes on Accounts
I don't see this happening. Labtech has a limitation on the number of characters in this field.
5) Possibly extra data fields
Not highly likely. What's the purpose?

The plugin we've developed does assets and tickets for now. It could be expanded to cover other elements if there is a good use case and enough interest.

February 3rd, 2015, 09:53 AM
AN-Tech

Lpopejoy,

Account sync is just a convenience, but not really a big time saver. Don't really care about contacts, just lumped it in there.
Assets is a must for the reason you listed.
Ticket sync I haven't used yet because of so much noise that Labtech can generate. Probably have this cleaned up but makes me nervous to have a boatload of tickets auto generated and sent to clients.
Notes - I forgot about that limit. Not needed.
Extra data fields are just something we have started playing around with. Just thought some of them may be useful to see in CommitCRM. Not needed.

So basically Assets and Tickets are most important.

February 3rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
lpopejoy

Ok, cool.

Extra data fields would definitely be a possibility. Would need to explore the data types that could be sent - and would it be one or two way, etc.

Tickets & Assets we have working now in our plugin - a lot better than it was with the old Labtech plugin.

We have a little more work to get the ticket to auto close in Labtech after it is closed in CommitCRM, but we are close.

Email me if you are interested: luke@incomservice.net

October 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
lpopejoy

Just to update the community, we do have working Labtech->CommitCRM Integration now.

You can watch a video and download a free trial here: https://www.icisupport.com/commitcrm...ch-integration

October 28th, 2017, 03:10 PM
AN-Tech

Nice job Luke, looks great.

October 29th, 2017, 06:51 AM
lpopejoy

Thanks!