RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 16th, 2010, 07:19 AM
LeCutus

Good afternoon,

I have just purchased the Outlook Sync license.

When I first used it the sync went very well apart from the simple fact that recurring appointments from my Outlook Calendar did not sync withCommitCRM.

Looking through your website show this as a known fault with a work-around of creating recurring appointments in CommitCRM and not Outlook.

Sorry, that is not acceptable. Every other package I have used is able to handle recurring appointment. Even my humble organisers of many year ago could handle all appointments types. To say that a piece of software sold in 2010 cannot handle recurring appointments when they are generated by Outlook is just not valid. Its a bug and needs fixing.

People use Outlook as their main calendar. We sync our iPhone, Laptops etc via this Calendar and not viaCommitCRM.

CommitCRM is a good tool but it is not the main Calendar tool that everyone uses.

Please make whatever alterations you need to your code for version 5.3 and sort this bug. People are paying $149 to be able to sync their calendars, please make it so.

Regards

April 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Support Team

Hi LeCutus,

Thank you for posting this.

I’ve copied your comments to be reviewed by our Product Management Team, who will then prioritize this feature’s development by customer popularity. The feature set for RangerMSP 5.3 has already been finalized and it already enters Beta these days. So I do not think that more features won’t be able to make it in this time.

Thanks again for your feedback. We will seriously evaluate it.

Regards,

Doron

April 16th, 2010, 10:11 AM
LeCutus

Hi Doron,

thank-you for your reply and your actions.

Please note, this is not a request for an additional 'feature set'. It is a report that a customer is not happy to have paid $149 and found that a major part of the functionality has not been implemented.

Fixing an obviously broken piece of software and giving your customers value for money, should I hope be a higher priority than adding additional features.

To be honest, the more I use Commit, the more I see the rough edges that could and should have been sorted before release. Yes it is a good product but please concentrate on sorting what you have released and getting that working rather than following the well trodden path of major software vendors with feature after feature. None of which work fully.

Regards

April 16th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Support Team

Thank you LeCutus for the additional feedback and for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate it and will keep this in mind.

Regards,
Doron

July 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
itognet

I am using version 5.3 and when I found that CommitCRM did not handle recurring appointments. It did not surprise me - at all... sadly.
You are doing a very good job, and spent thousand of hours inCommitCRM.

I am a bit disappointed at how CommitCRM defines what 'features' are.

Pls. see this thread

I know how hard it can be to develop software like CommitCRM - and absolutely also how EASY.

Just by using the component pack from http://tmssoftware.com

The CommitCRM software will be updated in so many ways, at so short time, with so little code, that you will make it to the moon.

Please do not invent the wheel. Use the resources and don't waste your time, because many of these 'so called features' is almost plug and play. (If you need proves, I will prove it)
You will make the CommitCRM software to a million dolllar baby in seconds.

This is not criticism at all. But I (and many other, I guess), hopes that you will consider.

July 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
northwestmsp

Another thing I must cast my vote in favor of. The Outlook syncing is archaic at best, and I am still shocked that CommitCRM doesn't allow syncing with MS Exchange... we are tech shops using MS technology (most of us anyways) and our phones, laptops and desktops sync with Exchange... it would only make sense to sync CommitCRM with Exchange. As it is we have to have Outlook open and CommitCRM logged in all day in order to keep our onsite guys up to date.

One of our new project managers couldn't believe it... had to check out your Wiki himself because he simply could imagine that software designed for IT shops didn't sync Exchange.

July 22nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Support Team

Thanks exbabylon. While you can sync RangerMSP data with Outlook data stored in an Exchange server, the sync itself runs through Outlook. The request for a back-end direct sync with Exchange module has a high score already. Thanks for providing your additional feedback.

November 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
sctelcom

How high is the score? :) Bump.