RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

November 16th, 2009, 08:24 AM
stsanford

Hi,
The one thing I am really, really not happy with is my performance in catching all voicemails and inbound calls when I am not at my desk. It's not uncommon for this one-man band to get 20-30 calls by noon, so keeping on top of them all is becoming more and more difficult.

Is there any software out there that could say, sync with the iPhone, a list, maybe web-based. Something?!? I'm drowning out here! ;-)
Thanks,
Scott

November 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
e-ssential

You sound like a prime candidate for a Unified Messaging System. We use a Windows based VOIP IP PBX system which integrates with Exchange 2007. The voip system has a digital receptionist which greets and redirect calls as well as prompting callers to leave a voice mail. Our Voice-mails are tight up to our Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.

We recieve emails with the voice mail attachments. We can also call the exchange server, while on the road, to listen, reply, and forward messages on the spot. We're Blackberry users here so I don't know if there is a native exchange client for Iphone. Our Blackberries synch wirelessly with our exchange server too ( We have a BES Server). Our Outlooks sysch with Commint ... so you get the Idea.
Technology can alliviate some of these problems for you but that is no replacement for another tech. Good luck

November 19th, 2009, 08:44 AM
nick_asg

For a free solution you can try Google Voice. I believe it is still invite only.

More information at: http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

I have an account, but haven't fully tested it for the work environment.

-Nick

November 19th, 2009, 11:02 PM
aaspeer

I have actually been using Trixbox to manage my office phone system & calls. My clients call 1 number and it will forward to my desk or cell phone. My voicemails are sent to my email, which I can listen to on my cell phone directly.

This has been extremely helpful in managing client contact.

November 25th, 2009, 01:52 PM
smelvin

Something else to think about is subscribing to those virtual secretary services. I did when I was a one-man-band and it was nothing short of fantastic. If you have a web based helpdesk system they can even log support issues straight into your helpdesk. They are also great for handling sales calls etc. Obviously they can forward calls to you, but the point is you'll be in much more control rather than your customers. Think about the number of times you've cursed as your train of thought was interrupted by a phone call.

Cheers

Scott

November 27th, 2009, 06:26 AM
sapsford

get a (local) call centre.
means that call get answered by a human quickly.
costs me $200 a month.
i then get an email with the message etc.
also use extra IP lines so i can give customers a direct line in etc

December 2nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
LeCutus

I use an 0800 number through RingCentral. I costs about £110 per year and includes 300mins per month.

Lots of good call management options and the ability to redirect to a mobile albeit at an extra per minute charge.

The item I most like though is that voicemail messages are sent to my iPhone as wav files.

Hope this helps

Gary

December 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
stsanford

Thanks, have got some great ideas here.. I'm currently using a TalkSwitch phone system, which has many of the features, (Voicemails as wavs for example) minus the human touch, but that just might be the missing link. Thanks!

December 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Yaredo

Toktumi is great!
install the trial versions and see how it is going

Jared

January 17th, 2010, 07:27 AM
JoshuaB

+1 for Google Voice.
However, if you're getting that much volume, sounds like you need someone answering the phones. We expanded to that it and really helped! He is also a tech so can provide instant remote assistance. Customers love instant help. :) Best wishes for your growth.

September 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Arcadia Computer, Inc.

JoshuaB: Your answer is the best customer service solution and while it might cost more, will bring in more business.