RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Josh F

Does anyone have HTML code to embed in the Email Alert to customers on a New Ticket that would show the tickets 'Description' text?

On the reverse, does anyone have HTML code to embed in the Email Alert to customers on a Ticket Closed that would show the 'Resolution' text?

Thanks
Josh

October 16th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Support Team

This should work perfectly well for you. Just make sure you include the token for that field (you can insert them from the drop down box of fields when editing an email template).

Hope this helps.

October 20th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Josh F

is there supposed to be any code with your message? I do not see any content.

Thanks

October 20th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Support Team

Actually no special HTML code is needed.

Alerts to Customers are based on Email Templates. To edit and customize email templates just go to Settings menu -> Email Templates, copy one of the system templates (e.g. Ticket - Alerts to Customers - New Ticket - Designed) to create your custom templates and use Add Data Field button to add Ticket Description and/or Resolution fields to the template body.
More about Email Templates can be found here.

After customizing your own templates go to Tools-> Options -> Alerts to Customers and select these templates to be used instead of system ones (Then RESTART RangerMSP Server on your server for the changes to affect immediately).

Hope it helps.

October 22nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
Josh F

I have setup a custom email alert for a new ticket. It is html coded and looks great when you go to send a test e-mail. However, when the customer actually receives the email it is text based and none of the images or coding work.

I have restarted our server/Commit and no avail.

Any idea whats up?

Thanks!

October 22nd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Josh F

And just a thought, could it have anything to do with my public/outbound email account I have setup?

October 23rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
AN-Tech

Are you sure that you don't have the text based email set set to be used as opposed to the HTML version?

November 17th, 2014, 02:14 PM
JuernTech

I am having the same issue. I made sure that the Server Settings for the Email Connector are set to use my Custom HTML template, but the end user still gets plain text (even though their email client is capable of receiving HTML). If I manually choose to Send Test Email, it looks correct in my email client.

My main concern is getting it to work with the Email Connector, so customers opening tickets that way get a nicely formatted response.

Does this work for anyone else?

November 24th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Please find an update: we hope that we have managed to fix the issue that happens under this technical configuration and believe that it is related to how the mail server, set to be used by the Email Connector, is configured.

We have already sent you the instruction to install the patch.

Please keep us posted if the issue was solved, in case it is anyone that is facing the same issue is welcome to drop us an email and get the update.

November 24th, 2014, 12:50 PM
AN-Tech

We are having this issue now but are sending out txt based emails. Will this patch be included in the next release in case we decide to make a change to html emails?

November 24th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Support Team

Yes, it will. In any case, it is a breeze to install so you probably shouldn't delay anything and in case you want to use HTML templates and the above happens to you please drop us an email and we'll provide it to you.

Hope this helps.