RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

April 4th, 2013, 07:43 PM
pcpitstop

Hello,

How has other service providers out there track billable hours per job, per customer, per employee?

Has anyone else had this problem? and if so, what solution did you find?

July 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Project3IT

i wouldnt mind seeing some sort of billable hours option on the employees so you can assign a quota for them to meet and have some sort of easy reporting on where they are at with it.

from what i can see there doesnt seem to be but I might be missing it, I know I dont use even half of commits functions that i actually should and less than an eighth of what it actually can do.

July 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Support Team

While there is no option to define a quota for employee work hours, you still can use the following reports to see totals for employee hours:

* Monthly Hours Summary by Employee
* Employee Charges Summary
* Annual Hours Summary by Employee

Hope this helps.

July 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Gjeret

Coming back to CommitCRM after using autotask for a year... I would love to see a weekly employee report.
I would like to see a report for hours worked vs time charged
And I would love, and I mean love for those reports to show up in my inbox at 5am Monday Morning

July 25th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Support Team

While there is no automatic reports, you can customize one of the Charges report that will show total hours based on Charge Start and End Time.

For example, copy and then design/edit the 'Employee Charges Summary' report, add a new field of DBCalc type and select from the list of fields "Charges - Hours Amount from Start to End Time".

This way report will show billed hours vs work time.

Hope this helps.