RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
benj180

Hi there,

I kind of messed up and imported a whole load of accounts that i dont want. I would like to start again, how do i delete all?

May 8th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Support Team

You can batch delete your imported Accounts by going to the Accounts window, opening the Accounts menu > Import & Export > Delete Imported Records.

Note that this will allow you to select the batch number to delete. In case you have more than once imported batch, you can see the batch number for each imported Account in the Account window > Notes tab > at the bottom of the tab, see "Batch No.". This way you can find out which batch import to delete.

HTH

Sherry

May 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM
benj180

Hi Sherry,

Yes i have tried this, but when you open the 'Deleting Imported Records' there are no batches listed. Any ideas?

May 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Support Team

The option to delete imported account is available for Accounts which are imported from external Excel, Text, CSV, etc., using the Import tool. This is not available for accounts imported from Outlook as this works in a different mechanism related to the Outlook-Sync module, so in case you your data source us Outlook, this may explain this.

In any case, if you wish to start from scratch, I believe the best way would be to uninstall RangerMSP and install it again, so you will have a clean database.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

May 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
JoshuaB

Is there a way to delete all accounts synced over from Quickbooks? I'm starting fresh and hate to uninstall all the way. Thanks.

May 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Support Team

Hi JoshuaB,

I'm afraid the batch delete option is available only for imports performed from files. When importing accounts using the RangerMSP-QuickBooks Link there is no option of deleting all imported accounts. Perhaps if you have a recent backup of the database, you can simply go back to a backup from before the import (click here for more details on restoring from backup). If not - I believe the only way would be to start fresh with a new installation.

Ethan

January 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM
nattivillin

Can you just replace the database with a blank empty one?

January 6th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Support Team

As replied to your email in this matter you cannot batch delete the Accounts.

Hope this helps.