RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 11th, 2015, 04:33 PM
wsandwith

When trying to search in accounts by keyword and using phone number as the criteria it provides no listing at all.

When searching by phone number it will only show the result if the complete phone number is inputted.

should it be this way?

I should be able to just put in the area code and it should return the results for all accounts with that area code should it not?

February 12th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

It is strange as it should work as expected when searching accounts and contacts by 'Keywords'. In case the phone number stored for Account/Contact contains additional characters such as dash or period, then searched keyword should also contain these marks.

Please try searching for a part of the phone number using the 'Part of words' option, that is available from the dropdown list (e.g. where 'Keyword/s' is currently listed).

Hope this helps.

February 12th, 2015, 12:16 PM
wsandwith

I tried that and when I type ( nothing comes up When I type (780 1 company comes up out of hundreds when I type (780) nothing comes up at all.
if I type the entire phone number of the one company nothing comes up and that applies to all companies.

This makes no sense to me.

February 12th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Support Team

Did you try 780 ?

February 12th, 2015, 12:35 PM
wsandwith

oddly enough that works!

So if I place the numbers xxx xxx xxxx I can get results that work. It will not work if you place the ( or the - or if you have no spaces.

so at least now I know how it works, but is that the design of it?

February 12th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Support Team

Great that it is working.

The indexing and search ignore special characters, so even if you'll have (780) stored, it should find it by searching for 780.

Hope this helps.

February 16th, 2015, 11:25 AM
AN-Tech

Seems to work the same way for me. All of our phone numbers are entered with with the format of 123-456-7890. If I were to enter the exact number in that format nothing is returned. If I replace spaces for the hyphens it seems to find the record. Are you saying that it should work with the hyphens included in the search keyword field?

February 16th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Support Team

When using the Keyword search, you should not search with the hyphens but rather with spaces, alternatively you can select to search by Phone number (from the dropdown) and then it performs an exact search on the phone field you search and you should indeed use hyphens.