RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
raymond

going back a number of major versions, status used to be divided into four groups:

All
Open
In service
Closed

somewhere in version 5 we lost "in service" when viewing tickets (the left side bar).

now in version 6 it appears that "in service" doens't apply to any tickets (when we select "in service" while in the tickets tab under accounts, nothing shows up...).

so what's the deal with "in service" -- is it going away? if so, be done with it. if it's not going away then please addit to the tickets bar along the left.

thanks!

//ray

August 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. Actually, the only two main groups that ever existed are Open and Close. These two groups still exist.

Open includes all Ticket Statuses, except for the ones for Closed.
Closed includes the 'Cancelled' and 'Completed'.

I think that you may have edited and customized the list of Ticket Status values for your system. This can be done using the Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab. Click the 'Customize Status Values' tab).

Hope this helps.

August 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
raymond

that is incorrect... there used to be an "In service" group which was a subset of the Open group. Load up a copy of CommitCRM v5 and you will see it as a selection at the bottom of any ticket (we used to use it for ticket workflow). Yes we have edited the status values but the groups have always locked down (we inquired about modifying them about 4 years ago and were told "nope").

my question is what happened to that group and is it gone forever?

thanks!

//ray

August 14th, 2012, 09:52 PM
lpopejoy

Ray, I've never (that I recall) had a "In-Service" as a subset of the [Open] group. The only items that I have as subsets of the [open] group are my customized status values.

August 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
raymond

I guess it doesn't matter at this point but they definitely were there (we used them for a period of time).

cheers --

//ray