RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
itognet

Hi,

What is the best practice for the following situation:

1. We creates merged Word documents based on customer data.
2. We save it, so the document is stored under the customer.
3. We creates a PDF version of the document.
4. We manually e-mails the PDF to the customer.

The PDF and the e-mail is'nt stored under the customer. - And is is hard to see a way to use the e-mail template in this situation.

What do you suggest ?

July 15th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Support Team

If you use Outlook that you should initiate the new Email to the customer right from within the Account window in RangerMSP, the result will be that once the email is sent (with or without an attachment) the email message will automatically be filed under the Docs tab for this Account.

Hope this helps.
Dina

July 15th, 2011, 06:47 AM
itognet

I know that.

And your suggestion works perfect with Word files.

But I do not want to e-mail Word files, I want to e-mail a PDF version of the Word file.

I can create a PDF from inside Word, but this PDF file is not automatically filed under the Docs tab. and therefore I cannot use your suggestion.

I was thinking about some of "Make PDF of Word file and E-mail it and file it" shortcut.

July 15th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Support Team

You should attach the PDF file you created from Word (or any other software) to a new Email Message initiated from RangerMSP and it'll be filed under RangerMSP. It's easy and I don't see any other option to recommend.

Thanks,
Dina