No announcement yet.

update asset field --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

update asset field --

is there an easy wat to batch update a (custom) field for assets? We have 750 assets that need to be modfied...

thanks!

//ray

Re: update asset field --

Hi ray, this can only achieved with using our API and writing a small program that loop all Assets and update the fields.

Hope this helps.

Comment

so how do I do that? I'm not about to manually update 750 assets... (!)

//ray

Comment

Click to learn all about RangerMSP API. Please note that basic programming skills are required to start using the API.

Comment

Ray, email me if this is something you really need to do. I might have a couple tips. luke@incomservice.net

Comment

...I'm sure this is done all the time but that's a bit daunting and the last thing I want to do is incorrectly modify (or corrupt) our data. Was hoping for a batch update tool like the one that is included with Accounts that luddites like myself could use without requiring a new skillset. Is there any chance we could get that added to all the major objects (tickets, charges, assets, etc.)?

and thanks Luke, I'm going to hold off for a bit on this for now.

cheers!

//ray

Comment

Well, with all of the different requests I do not think that this will be introduced soon. Such a feature is available for Accounts (Batch update) though. API is your friend here...

Comment

If the tool has already been created for Accounts, why not simply bolt it onto other windows (tickets, charges, asset, etc.) -- seems like a pretty simple addition.

thansk --

//ray

Comment

Working...
                X