RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Yaredo

Hi all,
Do you have a technician manual which I can send to mine on site so that they view or do I have to prepare one?( For the web interface only)
I am using the trial version and want them to quicky catch up the web interface then quikly purchase the product,
I have seen the wikis and the forums but I needed a manual for the web interface only.
One more: Can I prepare multiple tickets for a cusomer and send them once in quick books?

Thank you very much

December 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
We suggest letting your employees to read about Web Interface for Employees . This is usually enough for training on the RangerMSP Web Interface.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sherry

December 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Yaredo

Thanks
That helped
One more: Can I prepare multiple tickets for a cusomer and send them once in quick books?

December 30th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Support Team

Hi,

The best way to consolidate multiple tickets into a single invoice is documented in this wiki page. (scroll down to option 2)

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
Sherry

December 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Yaredo

That helped too.
Is there any way we can intergrate CommitCRM with toktumi ( the phone service that we are currently using)
Keep up the good work.

Thank you again

December 30th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
I'm not too sure about this one; I'm not familiar with this product.
If your phone software has a web server that passes a url and the phone number as a parameter, then you can configure a Online service that uses the phone webpage to dial the phone number.

The best way to answer this is if you can supply me with feedback to the following questions.
  • Is there a webpage that each user can dial a phone number from?
  • If there is, can you supply us with a sample of the url passed to the browser while dialing through the browser? (should have the dialed number in the url)

Based on the feedback to these questions, we'll know if this can be done with RangerMSP Online Services.

Regards,
Sherry

December 31st, 2009, 07:16 AM
Yaredo

Sherry,

I am on site and Iwill give you all the info you needed.

We have more than one contact in our labtech clients.

is there any way to import all the contacts to CommitCRM ?

Jared

December 31st, 2009, 07:31 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
Labtech has created a plugin application which has some enhanced integration capabilities with RangerMSP; and we think this might help to accomplish your contact import needs.

For more information see the LabTech Tutorial for RangerMSP.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

December 31st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Yaredo

Sherry,

I can not find anything helpful in the forums.

I want to import all of my contacts from labtech to CommitCRM once

Thank you

Jared

December 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
  • This part of the Labtech article talks about using the Labtech plugin to copy & link contacts between Labtech & RangerMSP, using the downloadable plugin software available at the top of the article. This method can be easily used to transfer your contacts from labtech to RangerMSP.
  • If prefer using export options in Labtech and Import options in RangerMSP to have your Labtech customer list copied into RangerMSP, then more information on that can be found here.

We think the first option would be easier to perform, with the added benefit of linking between your RangerMSP Accounts and your Labtech Customers.

Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

Regards,
Sherry

December 31st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Yaredo

Shery.

1.The problem is I have multiple contacts in labtech for each account and want to export them once.
I have tried to open and save each contact in labtech as I did to export accounts but there is an error:
"CommitCRM CRM Insert\Update Contact: Error Code: Fields with illegal values:
*: James Bond
Account not found for the sub-contact. The operation has been canceled.51001"

I have already seen all the forums.

2.I also need to if I can sync the calendars in outlook for the last 45 days into the system.

Is there a setting in the program to control the outlook calendar sync?

Thank you very much.

Jared

December 31st, 2009, 09:20 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
  1. When using import options to bring your secondary contacts into RangerMSP, you need to import your contaces for each account from separate excel files. This means that you need to have all the contacts for an account in a separate table file, and import each file into an account by right clicking the Contacts tab list in a RangerMSP Account.
  2. The RangerMSP Outlook Sync module is programmed to import all tasks and appointments from your outlook account from 30 days prior to the time you've started using the RangerMSP Outlook Sync. Once this is done, the RangerMSP system does not remove the appointments, so they are stored from that moment on. To answer your specific question, there is no application available that offers additional options that the Options > Outlook tab does not.

Regards,
Sherry

December 31st, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yaredo

Thanks for the information.

It helped

If we decided to buy CommitCRM , are we going to activate the trial and move on with our current data which is already in CommitCRM or should we start from scratch?

Thank you very much

Jared

December 31st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Support Team

Hi Jared,

The RangerMSP Trial Database can be licensed and registered so that you can continue from the same point. if you wish to license a clean database, then that is also possible.

Regards,
Sherry

December 31st, 2009, 11:28 AM
Yaredo

Sherry:

You mentioned

“The CommitCRM Outlook Sync module is programmed to import all tasks and appointments from your outlook account from 30 days prior to the time you've started using the CommitCRM Outlook Sync”

But in my case
It only sync the last 14 days.

Any ideas?

Jared

December 31st, 2009, 12:49 PM
Support Team

Hi Jared,

Thanks for telling us.
I was pretty sure that the system syncs the last 30 days before installing RangerMSP; however, if you only got 14 days, then perhaps Microsoft has updated something in the later versions such as 2007.

We hope that this does not pose as too much of an inconvenience; however, if it does, you can export your tasks and appointments from MS Outlook into files that you can import into RangerMSP, so that each file would include tasks and appointment history for a specific account, and the files would be filed in their accounts docs tab.

Regards,
Sherry

January 4th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Yaredo

Hi Sherry,
Thank you very much
I worked after a while.
I have another question :

1.) We went to setup a new users Outlook calendar sync. The sync took all his calendar items since 2001 and added them to his calendar onCommitCRM.
2.) We then disabled the sync and archived his Calendar until 11/2009.
3.) We then did a re-sync and CommitCRM added back all the items to his calendar.
4.) We again disabled the sync for the calendar and removed the appointments from his outlook calendar.
a. Is there any way to delete the calendar items in his CommitCRM calendar ?
b. All I could do was delete one item at a time.

All other users are working with no problems

Thanks

January 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Support Team

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the update.
If all the items have been synced from your employees MS Outlook folder, then they'll have to be deleted one by one. An alternative solution is to start your employee with a new employee account; however, this solution is not viable is you've been using the system for long.

Let us know how this goes for you.

Regards,
Sherry

January 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Yaredo

Sherry,

We did create a new username, but the outlook sync is giving us an error.

" It is not possible to sync with the Appointments folder since it was synchronized by another user'

But we have already made the previous user inactive since there is no way to delete a user.

Regards

Jared