RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

May 22nd, 2020, 01:09 PM
CraigYellick

I have a .Net console .exe app that runs fine on a SQL Server server. It successfully connects to the CommitCRM API and does what it's supposed to do.

However, if I try the same thing from within a SQL Agent Job, it fails:

Unable to load DLL 'CmtDbEng.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CmtDbQry.dll': The specified module could not be found.

To make certain this is not a permissions issue, I had the SQL Agent run with the same user account that tested successfully. Obviously the .DLL *does* exist since it works fine outside of the SQL Agent.

Anyone ever done anything like this? I'm stumped.

-- Craig

May 25th, 2020, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

This issue may be related to using older DLLs while running from SQL Agent.

The latest DLLs are located under the ThirdParty\UserDev folder.

It is possible that your custom app is not able to copy the newer DLLs from that folder and you may try copy them manually from ThirdParty\UserDev\

As an alternative, you may consider changing the application to use the files from \ThirdParty\UserDev folder.

Hope this helps.

May 26th, 2020, 12:55 PM
CraigYellick

I am pointing the app at the UserDev folder so that ought to be the latest.

Also, note that the app runs perfectly find from a command window on the SQL Server, so I assume it would get the same error if the DLLs were inaccessible or out of date.

Must be something about the execution context under SQL Agent, but I don't see what that could be since I'm using the same user account that tested fine.

May 27th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Support Team

We may need to review the log files in order to learn more about this issue.
Please zip the folder <installation_folder>\Logs and email it to us (Support@) or share over Drive/Dropbox.

Hope this helps.