RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 10th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Kesemtech

Unable to process invoices from my workstation. Every time i try to link up after having deleted 'CommitCRM' user from QB for app integration I get the QB message that i cannot open more than one company file in QB. I have made triple sure that the exact path to the file (\\10.10.0.27\etcetc..) in CommitCRM IS the path used to open the company file in QB.

Dunno who to blame, QB for such a shitty multi user implementation, or CommitCRM for poor error recovery. Its just maddening.

October 11th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Support Team

QuickBooks Desktop multi-user environment is somewhat tricky, but once it is all configured correctly it usually works well.

I suspect that the problem may be related to using a different path to the same company file in QuickBooks and RangerMSP. Even if the end-company-file is the same, QB sees different paths to the same company file as different company files getting opened unlike the same one.

Please visit RangerMSP > Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab see the path defined there AND in your local copy of QuickBooks refer to this company file using the SAME identical path (unlike both ending up pointing to the same file).

It is recommended to use a UNC path in both applications as mapped drive may sometimes 'confuse' QuickBooks.

You may need to change the path you use to open this company file either in QuickBooks or RangerMSP.

In case you need to change company path in RangerMSP, go to Tools > Options > QuickBooks, click to change the company path and when asked select that this is the SAME company file.

To eliminate other issues - please restart all PCs using QuickBooks Desktop so they'll load without opening QuickBooks, so nothing will get stuck in their 'memory'.

Also note that the UNC path used to access the company file in QuickBooks Desktop app should be identical on all network PCs.

Hope this helps.