RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

April 11th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP User Question*

How do I easily print my task list of active tasks?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

April 11th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Support Team

Answer

The easiest way is to generate Appointment/Task List report located under Calendar Report. You should select 'Tasks' and date range.

You may also open the Calendar, go to the Tasks tab, select the date range and use Table Options > Print table from the pop up menu to print all listed tasks.

August 17th, 2022, 09:03 PM
racassel

How's about adding this to the global "PRINT" button. Or ability to highlight and copy-past? Right-Click send to printer. Ctrl-P. Anything except root around for a report to modify and filters to set JUST TO PRINT A TASK LIST.

I haven't looked at task list in a few years because it does not have a feature to indent. I took a look again today to spec out a project and abandon it again because I can't simply print it.
Just one line, one task that you can move up and down. I sent myself an email, and scraped the text from there. SMH Will check back in a few more years...

August 17th, 2022, 09:23 PM
racassel

....the administrator has set a time limit of 5 minutes to edit your post.... Really?
Structured notes? Nope, not in the Ticket Window, but you can create them in Secondary Contacts. Huh? But with Structured Notes you can't........eh...that's for another thread. Make it useful. Like an Outline. Then you can call it a project management module. And a check box that is just a check box. If I wanted to move them to the bottom of the list, I will move them myself.

August 18th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.
Your feedback to make printing a Tasks list more accessible will be considered.

Printing the Tasks list from the tab can already be achieved by right-clicking the list and selecting Table Options > Print Table.

As for supporting Structured Notes for Tickets - We may introduce this feature soon. Stay tuned.

(The 5 minutes limit for editing the comment is a default setting, though we will consider changing and increasing it to allow users to edit their post after a longer period of time).

Hope this helps!