RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

June 10th, 2019, 09:02 AM
swildow

i am trying to modify a report as the bar showing customer name hides the dates listed above it.

it is the time spent and time charged by accounts and employees report
when I try to copy i get

This is a special system report and it can't be copied

when i hit the design button i get

copy the system report to a customized report and the select to design the newly created report.

somewhat of a catch-22

and advise?

TIA

June 10th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking.

While probably 98% of the system reports can be copied and customized, there are indeed a few reports that cannot be copied. The reason for this is that these weren't implemented using the standard Report Designer but rather were implemented by custom coding them due to a special requirements.

Please email us (support@) a PDF sample of the dates-get-hidden issue you see and we'll see if/how we can resolve this in a future release.

Hope this helps.

June 10th, 2019, 02:02 PM
swildow

just sent.

thank you for any help!
Steve

June 11th, 2019, 06:10 AM
Support Team

Received and reviewed. Thanks.

We see that there's a glitch with this report that when there's no logo/company-header set for reports, the header height is fixed unlike dynamic. We will fix that for our coming new version. In the meantime you can consider adding a report header to bypass this (Tools > Options > Reports tab).

Hope this helps.

July 3rd, 2019, 02:52 PM
swildow

did that and works ok, except I can't change the text or remove the text after I added it under the reports options. and it's only on this particular report. I need to change it and I can't remove it or change it.

is there anyway to clear this out?

July 4th, 2019, 06:05 AM
Support Team

It looks like the changes to the report header are not refreshed. Reopening the Reports window or restarting the client application should refresh them.

Hope this helps.

July 5th, 2019, 10:28 AM
swildow

that worked!!

thanks,

August 25th, 2022, 02:18 PM
trgteam

We are having the same issue: "This is a special system report and it can't be copied"

When I hit the design button I get: "Copy the system report to a customized report and the select to design the newly created report."

Is there any way to modify this report?

Please advise.

August 26th, 2022, 06:12 AM
Support Team

The high majority of reports can be copied and customized.

There are a few reports that do not support this option, as they highly depend on dedicated programming code that implements special attributes they may have. Unfortunately at this time such reports cannot be modified. Thanks for asking. We'll be happy to hear about the specific changes you were after, and possibly include these in a future release. Thanks.

September 6th, 2022, 11:03 AM
trgteam

It a appears that "There are a few reports that do not support this option" means all of the Charges- Time Tracking reports?

September 6th, 2022, 12:57 PM
Support Team

Indeed, the reports under the 'Charges - Time Tracking' sub category are not available for customization. Such repots include more-special built in calculations that prevent the option for customizing them at this time.

September 6th, 2022, 01:27 PM
trgteam

Thanks for clearing that up. We were going through each of them trying to create a copy. Is there a list of the reports not available to copy? Thanks again.

September 7th, 2022, 07:21 AM
Support Team

Under the Charges category, there are a few annual and weekly related reports that fall into this same group, all others (the majority) can get copied and customized.

Hope this helps!