RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 14th, 2016, 06:53 PM
callpath

Is there a way to edit the Custom Field Layout in Tabs. For example, in the Details tab, there are Custom Fields 1, Fields 2, etc which can be customized with my own data. Is there a way to edit the positioning of the Custom Fields, like putting Field 4 under the space where Field 2 is? Or do I just have to delete them and start over and rebuild the whole thing including drop down list option? Also, is there a way to add even more Custom Fields such as a Field 7 or Field 8?

February 15th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The position of the fields in system tabs is fixed. You can rename these fields, change their labels, built your own drop down list.

To control positions add a new custom tab and place system fields, as well as custom fields (for Fields7/8 etc.) on it. In the custom tab you can organize the fields position as needed.
You can even hide the system tab and reorganize tabs on the bar to make your custom tab more accessible.

More information about adding custom tabs and field can be found in the following articles: :

Tab Management
Field Customization

February 15th, 2016, 10:53 AM
callpath

I need to be able to move the position of Fields around as in once instance, when I started my company I use to just track the LEC or Local Exchange Carrier that provided phone and internet service to businesses. However, now I am seeing separate Voice and Data Providers and would want to logically group fields to keep track of this information. So, if I wanted to add a new Field for Data Provider and change the name of the old LEC field to Voice, I may have the two separated by 4 fields which were used to track Phone System Manufacturer, Phone System Model, Current Phone System Vendor, and then having to add Data Vendor at the end is stupid grouping. I need to be able to move them to a logical order if needed. Plus, I may want to add new Fields like Line Type (for Analog, PRI, SIP Trunk) and Number of Trunks later on and would want them grouped together. If I am not able to move the Field order around to a logical arrangement then the data is scattered and more difficult to work with. If this cannot be done, then I will have to look at a different CRM altogether.

February 15th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Support Team

Usually, custom tabs and new customer fields are managed once in a while (in some cases only once). There is no way to move down all custom fields in design mode but rather you'll need to draft them one by one... so it may take a few more seconds though customization is not usually done on a daily basis. Anyway, from what you describe you may also want to consider using Configuration Note for Assets and Structured Notes for Accounts.

Hope this helps.