RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 4th, 2014, 08:07 AM
centurion

Hi all. I have been working with the new report designer feature of CommitCRM - and my experience has been rather frustrating. I am having a hard time understanding the data fields and how to get the calculations I need programmed.

Question 1:
We have customers who have multiple building locations. When a ticket is opened - we used the ticket-type field (locked down to one of those locations). I'd like to make a report which simply shows the total number hours sent, per location for a given time frame. Which stock report would be a good starting point? I've gotten close - but in instead of simply 4 lines - I get 4 pages. lol.

Question 2:
Is there an updated training guide for the report writer? I am also frustrated because I do not understand the data fields. Is there a naming convention guide that easily shows me how everything is linked or tied together?

Question 3:
I could export everything I need to excel and get my info faster for reporting. That said when I do export data to excel - the time charged field doesn't just contain numbers - but the word 'hours' in it. I can't perform any calculations like this. How do I export the time with simply the values?

Thanks in advance for any help!

October 6th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Please find our thoughts/recommendations:

1. If you need a summary report, you could generate Accounts Charge Summary or Itemized Account Charges Summary report.

2. The Report Designer User guide can be found here .
Note: while the video tutorial displays an older version of the Report Designer, the principles behind most functions remain the same.

As for naming - all fields available for use with specific report are listed in the designer. For example, to add Ticket Description in Charges report you should add field 'Charges - Ticket: Description' .
Please let us know which fields you are looking for and we will try to help.

3. In case you export Charges data shown in the list, you can add separate columns for Hours Amount and Units Quantity using Table Options in the pop up menu-> Add/Remove Column. This will allow you to export without the word 'Hours'. In addition you can use Advanced Data Export from Charges main menu -> Export, select the fields and filter Charges to export.

Hope this helps

October 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
centurion

What do I need to do in order to get the 'Account Charges Summary' Report to simply breakdown the totals based on the commit field 'ticket type' (fldtktkind)?

The account summary report is perfect. We use the ticket type field for those customers who have multiple locations. When a ticket is opened - ticket-type is a drop down (fixed list) of locations. There are 4 locations. Below is an example of what I what on the report. It is a 1-page summary doc. Currently when I calculate on ticket type - it lists all the enteries with the correct time - but it appears based on ticket. How to I group based off ticket type and calculate total hours for each of the 4 locations?

Account charges summary

Customers Name
location1: total
location2: total
location3: total
location4: total
report total: xxx

October 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Support Team

Mmm, this would have required grouping the data by a field in the tickets table where the grouping with that report can be on the main charges table. So unfortunately this cannot be achieved at this time.