RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mister-c

I currently have my system setup as follows:

CommitCRM Server installed on Windows Home Server
Quickbooks installed on Desktop PC
Outlook 2010 (No Exchange)installed on Desktop PC
CommitCRM Client installed on Desktop PC

I am looking at retiring the Desktop PC as I am about to get a new one and see it as a good time to move Quickbooks over to the Home Server. I see from the CommitCRM options for Quickbooks that I can browse to where ever I need across the network to acess the Quickbooks file so that shouldn't be an issue.

Ideally I'd also like to move Outlook over to the Home server and access it via a web based plugin http://www.theofficemaven.com/news/whs-outlook-v2

My question is can I still sync to Outlook even though it isn't installed on the client PC? In the CommitCRM options for Outlook it looks like you can only set the Outlook file from the current machine. Is there a way around this?

July 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Support Team

RangerMSP client is not actually installed on your network PC, all you have is a desktop shortcut to the file on the server. However, Outlook should be installed on the same PC from where you run RangerMSP client on. This is because RangerMSP uses the Outlook API for the sync. There's not way to bypass this as this API is part of the Outlook setup.

Hope this helps,
Dina

July 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Mister-c

As I thought. This is where a Google Calendar sync would come in handy.....