RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 25th, 2018, 04:54 PM
BNIacc

Hi there,

I am trying to bill multiple managed service contracts to a single client, on a single invoice, and have a client-friendly layout.

For example, client X has multiple contracts. One is what we call a Bronze plan and is for Managed Security/Firewalls. For the other, they have selected a Silver Plan, on their computer devices. If I bill all the relevant recurring charges on to one invoice in QB, I get a very garbled list with no headings/dividers/easy-to-use lay out. And this is a very simple invoice for 2 small contracts...

Many clients can have 4-5 contracts with far more items. And the invoice just generates a nauseating, hard-to-read, list of charged items. If you can, try to imagine 2.5 pages of uncategorized charges. Is there a default setting to have something like contract headings appear over the relevant charges and break the invoice up a bit?

I believe the solution would be that within the ‘Charges – Contract Price’ of a given contract there be an option to insert headings that break up or categorize the charged items within the contract. And then, that this structure be able to flow through to the QuickBooks invoice. Does that makes sense? Can we do that?

October 26th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

When generating a single invoice for the Account that covers multiple Contracts, you can sort the invoice lines (i.e. Charges) by Contract:

Then on the next screen you have the option to freely add a textual line/s and use them for headers (for each contract) or inline notes for the actual invoice lines content.

Hope this helps.

October 29th, 2018, 01:53 PM
BNIacc

But this would be a manual process for each invoice, each time it is billed, requiring invoices to be created singly as you indicated, one by one. This is not at all helpful, but part of our current problem. The recurring contract invoicing process is far too manual.

What we need is the ability to batch dozens of invoices with them arriving in quickbooks in an email/ready format. The ability to create a general CommitCRM contract in which the various recurring monthly charges can be categorized, and these categories show up on the QB invoice would solve this.

October 29th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Support Team

Thank you for your reply. RangerMSP does include batch invoicing that lets you literally generate hundreds of invoices with only a few clicks. It is true that in the above case, where you wish to invoice several different Contracts of a single customer using a single invoice (unlike an invoice per contract) the groups won't be a per the above mentioned requirements. We will take a note about this input, thanks! If possible maybe trying using the batch invoicing option with generating one invoice per customer contract.

Hope this helps!