RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 21st, 2009, 05:29 AM
optidisk

I've been using CommitCRM now for 7 days with everything working perfectly, now this evening I am having trouble sending emails. Since this afternoon when I open CommitCRM and choose a contact to email and then click the email button choosing any template it opens a new email window, as it should. I send that email and try to send another to the same or different contact and I receive the message Failed Sending Email. The only way to get it to work again is to exit CommitCRM and restartCommitCRM.
The only thing that has happened on this computer since this afternoon was this following item found by a malware scanner.
|Name|Type|Description|ID|
Hijack.TaskManager - Removed, Registry Data, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System Value=DisableTaskMgr, 6-707
Since the scanner cleaned this the email problem has happened.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Optidisk

August 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Optidisk,

It is hard to guess what is causing this and what other actions the malware did... I would recommend that you first try to uninstall and then reinstall Office/Outlook to see if it solves the issue. You may also consider restoring your Windows system to your last saved system restore point (not sure you have a recent one though).

HTH
Doron

August 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
optidisk

Here's an interesting development, I closed CommitCRM after backup, but this time when I restarted it didn't have my username in the login box. After typing UN and PW I logged in and tried sending emails, I was able to send thirty emails without the previous problem arising.

August 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like the problem was a side effect of something else.

Doron

June 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
Joe Green

I'm running windows 7 and can't send any email throughCommitCRM. I get a "failed sending email" error popup when I try to send anything. This only occured after installing Outlook 2010. Outlook has been working flawlessly in every other aspect for months but I can't send email fromCommitCRM.

June 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Support Team

Most chances are that this is related to the Outlook integration objects that weren't installed successfully or are damaged. The easiet thing to try will be to Repair Outlook.
In case this won't help then after repairing Outlook please send us your RangerMSP log files for further analysis using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP.

HTH,
Dina

June 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joe Green

More information: When the email errors the log has the same access violation and it is always in CmtVcl30.dpl. The address changes each time:

[06/21/2011-10:45:13-(44) v5.4.0.2 ** 21062011_104037_5700_104123 ]
Exception_Class=EAccessViolation 0
Exception_Msg=Access violation at address 00233E5A in module 'CmtVcl30.dpl'. Read of address 8B08458B
Proc_Name=aSendAndSaveByMsOutLook 0 0 4
Task 0500-2820, ,

June 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Support Team

Thanks Joe. Please do send us your log files as explained as while the above may be related it is not enough for our analysis.

Thanks,
Dina

July 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joe Green

I know this is old, but I never did get it working. Still on the same computer and still have the same error. I know I gave up last time because when I try to send you the log files I get "Error" "Failed sending email".

July 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joe Green

I think I remember putting some settings into the email connector on the server. What does the email connector do and could this be the root of my problem?

July 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Support Team

The Email Connector module is something else entirely. You are referring to opening a new Outlook Email Window from RangerMSP while the Email Connector runs behind the scenes to convert incoming customer emails into new service tickets in RangerMSP as well as to manage the entire ticket email thread with the customer. Please try on another machine as well as to Repair Outlook installation and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.