RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
JuernTech

Hi, it would be very helpful if I could input the Purchase Order (PO) number when creating a Quickbooks invoice in CommitCRM and have that populate the PO field in Quickbooks. Also, it would be beneficial to be able to select the terms for that specific invoice, as some purchases have different terms than others for the same customer.

Right now I have to create the invoice in CommitCRM and then after it transfers over to QB I have to go locate the invoice and add or change this information. Since I often like to Batch Send the invoices from QB, that often gets overlooked and the invoice goes out without this important information.

I know some others have requested to have the PO number be part of a ticket or contract and to have that pass through to the invoice, which would also be great, but right now I would be happy just to be able to manually enter it in CommitCRM so I don't have to in QB.

July 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this and for sharing your thoughts.

While there is no Ticket field that is inserted automatically as Invoice Reference/PO, one of the following methods may be used:

1. Include this number as part of the Ticket Description. Like: 'Server installation as per PO# 123123'. You can then include this description as part of the invoices that you generate.
OR
2. Add a 'Charge' under this ticket with the price of $0. In its description write 'PO# 123123'. This charge will then automatically be included in the invoice, the customer will see it, but, it will have no affect on the invoice total.

While not the same, e.g. it does not go to the dedicated field in QB, you will have this information as past of the invoice content in QB.

Thanks again for your feedback. Noted.

Hope this helps.