RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
ylomnstr

How do we get old closed contracts to now show up inCommitCRM? We have monthly contracts, and when we go to create a new ticket and select the monthly contract, all the old ones still show. Also, how can I change the default contract so it defaults to the current one?

January 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for sending in these questions. I’ve copied them for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.
  • How do we get old closed contracts to now show up inRangerMSP? We have monthly contracts, and when we go to create a new ticket and select the monthly contract, all the old ones still show.
    At the moment the system lets you select any contract (you may wish to add charges to a contract retroactively), and I can see how making only active contracts available from the list can be helpful in order to avoid mistakes.

• Also, how can I change the default contract so it defaults to the current one?
    Note that if the customer has only one active contract at a time, the system will select this contract by default (set like this by default; however adjustable from Accounts > Contracts Tab > Right Click any contract > Default contract > Automatic), so the tech doesn't have to select a contract at all. In any case, if you do select a contract which is not active, the system alerts you with a warning message letting you know that this is an expired contract.

Regards,
Sherry