RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 31st, 2018, 09:33 AM
drandre

We are running CommitCRM with your SQL server. The reporting is sluggish. We are running CommitCRM on a Server with high specifications (dual Xeon processor with 32 GB RAM and 64 bit Windows Server platform).

I hope my feedback helps you determine why the program is not taking advantage of the processing power of the computer. As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, it slightly faster when I run it directly on the server. In theory, running off a SQL server should be even faster.

Also, as a mentioned on my previous e-mail, when I run a report in Quickbooks for all charges for all accounts for 18 years, the report shows up in literally less than 3 seconds and more than a 3000 page document. I can scroll to the end almost immediately as well. The server CPU and disk usage are barely at 3%.

Comparing this to CommitCRM where I am just trying to get a years’ worth of data, 249 pages, and it is taking more than 90.6 seconds to produce the 249 page report on a workstation and 39.8 seconds on the server. I am just trying to run reports of the total charges of all contracts within 2015, 2016 and 2017 for comparison. The 2016 charge report on contract is my baseline for this. It is 249 pages. The server CPU and disk usage are barely at 1%. These results were even after Advantage SQL changes suggested by CommitCRM tech support team.

We are using the system for everything and we have a lot of documentation. We purchased the SQL version because we were concerned with scaling and performance plus placed the software on a high-performance server.

Is all your software just 16 or 32 bit software and cannot take advantage of such?
How can I force CommitCRM or Advantage SQL to use more CPU?

Anyone else experience this running their Advantage SQL?

September 4th, 2018, 06:43 PM
lpopejoy

The issue is wth the reporting engine. But I agree. Reports over long time frames are very painful.