RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 3rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
Gjeret

Server 2012 Essentials
Created a new Website
Kept the port 4961
Followed this link
Forgot to add CGI, re-added CGI Enabled ISAPI

but.. I'm sure I'm missing something silly

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Most likely causes:
•A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.

Things you can try:
•If you do not want to enable directory browsing, ensure that a default document is configured and that the file exists.
• Enable directory browsing using IIS Manager. 1.Open IIS Manager.
2.In the Features view, double-click Directory Browsing.
3.On the Directory Browsing page, in the Actions pane, click Enable.

•Verify that the configuration/system.webServer/directoryBrowse@enabled attribute is set to true in the site or application configuration file.

Detailed Error Information:

Module
DirectoryListingModule

Notification
ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler
StaticFile

Error Code
0x00000000

Requested URL
http://localhost:4961/

Physical Path
C:\CommitCRM\WebInterface

Logon Method
Anonymous

Logon User
Anonymous

July 3rd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Gjeret

Also, side note, in my Application Pool, there was a CommitCRM app already there, with v4.0 Framework and Application PoolID for the Identity,

If I stop that App Pool, I get
Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

July 3rd, 2015, 12:14 PM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. When using the Web interface with IIS you no-longer use it over a customized port but rather use it over port 80 or 443, e.g. the standard Internet ports.

From the above it seems like you tried to open it over the old customized port you used, 4961, and that's no longer required.

Also - you need to specify the exact site/url you want to access. For example, Localhost:/RangerMSP/RangerMSP.dll/ - and you need to make sure that the user you assigned the site with, in IIS, is privileged and that it can access the RangerMSP folder tree on your server.

Hope this helps.

July 3rd, 2015, 04:29 PM
Gjeret

Thank you, we left the port 4961 because that is what all our techs have hard coded into all of their devices, (we did need to bind this in IIS)
Adding the commitcrm/commitcrm.dll to the end of the URL solved my issue
(and I created a HTML Redirect to go to that URL from the base site)

-Gj-

July 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM
nattivillin

What if ports 80 and 443 are already in use?

We cant get it to work using port 4961.

July 20th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Support Team

When RangerMSP Web Interface is working with IIS as its Web server - IIS is the only one that handles ports, SSL configurations, etc.

RangerMSP does not listen to any port and does not "care" which port is being used, whether there are other site on this port (which is fine with IIS), etc.

The Web interface with IIS "simply" gets requests from IIS, prepare the response and send it back to IIS to pass it back to the client.

In case you wish to use the Web interface with port 4961, or any other port, you'll have to configure it in IIS so it'll listen on such ports and dispatch requests to the relevant apps/websites.

Hope this helps.

July 20th, 2015, 08:35 AM
nattivillin

Can anyone help with this error:

405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

July 20th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Support Team

We've just Googled it and there seems to be many IIS related results. We recommend that you review them and see which is relevant to your configuration.