RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
nattivillin

Is there a way to change the favicon from the CommitCRM symbol to our own?

This would be when using the web interface naturally.

December 4th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Support Team

It is set automatically and always uses the same default... Thanks for asking.

December 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
nattivillin

So that's a no?

If has to be pulling the image from somewhere.....

December 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM
wsandwith

I am also interested in removing this and other branding items from our system.

I am sure many of the other users would also enjoy the ability to brand all parts of the web interface with their own logos.

Show of hands please!

December 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Support Team

@wsandwith - thank you for adding your vote. You may be aware of it already, in any case, you CAN already add you logo to the Web interface, actually you have the full freedom to include a fully functional HTML snippet for both the header and footer of all Web pages. Please see Branding the Web Interface header and footer.

Hope this helps.

December 16th, 2014, 09:28 AM
wsandwith

I am not talking about adding the logo to the splash page, I am talking about removing your advertising on everything from the web interface pages to every email I send.
e.g.
-----
Committed to customer service. Our business is powered by CommitCRM.

CommitCRM – PSA, CRM, Service Management and Billing for Leading IT Service Providers
Support

I am in the business of selling my product, not yours, I should be able to remove this as none of my customers are going to purchase your product.

December 16th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Support Team

Well, we fully agree and this is ALREADY possible too. Please drop us an email and we'll provide you with the details.

Thanks.

December 17th, 2014, 09:44 PM
nattivillin

What about the favicon image?

December 18th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Quote:
​It is set automatically and always uses the same default... Thanks for asking.​

December 23rd, 2014, 10:03 PM
nattivillin

It has to be getting the image from somewhere. It is all code!!!!

Just come out and say we re not going to tell you how to change it. At least i will know where we stand.

December 24th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Support Team

As mentioned above branding change is officially supported, this with the favicon logo isn't and we've added this as a request. Thanks for asking.

December 24th, 2014, 08:49 AM
nattivillin

Thanks. I will poke around and see if i can find it.

I think it is here, but i have to find it on the server.

url("/1dahxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf58e/$/gfx/loading.gif")

May 31st, 2015, 10:14 AM
susanpaz

I would like this info also:

December 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
CommitCRM Support

Well, we fully agree and this is ALREADY possible too. Please drop us an email and we'll provide you with the details.

Thanks.

May 31st, 2015, 10:15 AM
susanpaz

Also, how do i change the title of the page in the web browser?

June 1st, 2015, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Unfortunately the title of the page cannot be modified.

As for other question, as been asked there, please drop us an email and we'll get back to you with the details. Thanks!

June 1st, 2015, 08:22 AM
northwestmsp

Why is this type of information not made accessible? If you're concerned about privacy or security, consider locking down a section on the site to only be accessible to verified owners of the CommitCRM software. This method of providing useful configuration information "offline" via email seems to be an out of date way of handling requests like this... especially when you consider that you're working with an entire customer base of highly technical people who get how things work.

June 24th, 2015, 04:39 PM
aaspeer

Not to add to this... but you cant change the FAVICON for Autotask or Connectwise... Why does it matter so much?

June 29th, 2015, 03:11 PM
nattivillin

Seems weird to me as well. I can totally brand almost everything else we use, but not CommitCRM.

June 30th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Support Team

Well, you CAN definitely brand RangerMSP! You can add your logo to any report printed from the system, you can customize the customer portal to including your branding, your logo, your header, and your page footer, you customize forms to include customized headers and even different business logos, in fact, you can configure RangerMSP to be entirely transparent in a way that customers will only see your brand/logo/header/footer!

So, in case you need any help with configuring something, please email us and we will be happy to help configuring your RangerMSP system to support your personal branding.

Hope this helps.

June 30th, 2015, 01:40 PM
nattivillin

Not to be a stick in the mud, but that includes everything except the favicon correct?

June 30th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Support Team

Yes, we believe that this is pretty much it.