RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM
paulNZ

Has there been any further thought put into providing 'Outlook' style support of these packages by the developers?

February 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Support Team

Hi paulNZ,

As you probably know, the ideal integration between RangerMSP and an email client/calendar is with Microsoft Outlook (and Outlook Express). A request to integrate with Thunderbird is already logged into our system, however, this is not currently being worked on, as there are currently other requests with a higher priority that we are working on... Thank you for following up on this.

Dina

February 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
paulNZ

Dina

Thanks for the update ... while I can understand priorities I would hope others continue to push for this integration so that it moves up the list.

Cheers

February 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
stsanford

Paul,
May I ask why not Outlook? I'm just an interested party here wondering if it's just an anti-MS sentiment, or if there are features in Thunderbird and Lightning that better Outlook.
Thanks,
Scott

February 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
paulNZ

Hi Scott

Primarily we access email via IMAP (no exchange server used) from our linux server ... Outlook does not provide very good (in fact it is downright unfriendly) IMPA support ... Thunderbird is excellent in this area.

We have been using Lightning way before CommitCRM and have it integrating with a number of 'outside' services ... Outlook will not work with some of these services.

We can work around the Calander, Tasks side of things by writing custom reports within CommitCRM but still have to use Outlook to be able to 'store' email communication within CommitCRM without going through the long winded 'save email to file then import/attach to CommitCRM'.

While we are not anti-MS we do look for solutions 'away' from MS due (mainly) to their flexibility.

Cheers and hope this helps clarify.