RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 9th, 2017, 07:29 AM
KarinC

Hi
When we are trying to Sync data for other users between CommitCRM and outlook we keep getting an error, sometimes it happens for a user and sometimes it doesn't. Can you tell me what the error might be Caused by?
"Error Synching Appointnents Could not find the Folder 'ivan@Com....co.za\Calendar (v15.0.0.4-1.2.12004.4)(Ivan Stoyanov)

This error does not always occur for ivan - sometimes it is other users.

The user who is doing the Sync does have full permissions to all the Outlook folders.

June 9th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Support Team

The error means that when connecting to Outlook, in order to sync this folder, access to this folder was denied and this error is returned.

What you should probably do is use the external utility that systems to all users.
Have it run on multiple different PCs concurrently where all such PCs (and possibly the server itself) sync with Outlook for all users.
The utility knows how not to start syncing a folder that is current being synced from another PC.
As you mentioned that the access denied issues are random, the above should work for you as if a PC blocks access to a folder, then this folder should sync from other PCs (unless the root cause for blocking access is related to the server itself).

The when the utility fails to sync a folder, it will skip to the next one.

By the sync utility I refer to the following program:

\RangerMSP\Utils\RangerMSPSyncOutlookForAll.exe

Hope this helps.

June 12th, 2017, 01:05 AM
KarinC

Hi

I don't understand - why would it not have access sometimes and other times it does?
What would be blocking access intermittently?
If I use the sync utility are you saying I need to run this utility individually on everyone's PC - would the auto sync feature not be better?

Users can sync themselves but when I want to sync other users I get this random error.

Thanks

June 12th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

There may be various reasons for not be able to access Outlook folders of other users or losing the access.

It may be related to using Exchange in a cached mode. Specially if the sync is working properly only if Outlook is open. You can try to disable a cached mode and see how it goes.

Besides, we learned that in most cases it is related to permissions for Outlook folder in Exchange.

There may be other things that might cause it. These are all, unfortunately, things that are entirely external to RangerMSP. The sync process attempts to access a folder and it got rejected.

As using sync utility - it also auto syncs, without user intervention, it just runs on the background and does not require to keep RangerMSP application open.
The Outlook Sync Utility can be also run on the server under the domain user that has access to all Outlook folders.

You do not necessary need to have it run from all PCs, however, having it run on several different machines may help bypassing the probably of access getting block on one machine. You can also have it automatically run as part of the relevant user log in scripts.

Hope this helps.