RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 3rd, 2017, 02:39 AM
signal

Hi

I know that KarinC has brought this up before but really we need the UoM from QB to be available in CommitCRM.

The typical units of measure (for any IT business) that are a problem are:

- per month
- per annum
- each
- per km/mile

Suggesting that we create fields in CommitCRM makes no sense because when the invoice is exported back to QB the field is lost.

We cant be the ONLY IT company that has this problem? Surely not?

Maybe other companies are either not using quotes or not exporting the quotes back to QB?

PLEASE can somebody look at this and advise how best to resolve this issue, it is preventing us from using the quote feature of CommitCRM.

Thanks in advance

May 3rd, 2017, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

We've discussed this in length over email. RangerMSP supports Quantity in both 'Hours' and 'Units' and it is dynamically set based on the setting for the Item used for the quote line (or Charge).

From our discussions it seems that you use a custom field in QuickBooks to keep this information for the item. When generating the invoice from RangerMSP, if an item is linked to a parallel item in RangerMSP, the 'units' information is solely added by QuickBooks (based on the settings of this Item in QuickBooks). You may need to customize the invoice layout in QuickBooks to display your custom field for that Item so the UOM will be listed as part of the Invoice in QuickBooks.

As for printing quotes in RangerMSP - you can consider storing the 'unit of measure' value as part of the Item record details using the item's 'Field1' data field (that can be renamed). Starting with RangerMSP 15, this field can be added to the quote report form so when an item is used in the Quote in RangerMSP, Item Field1 will be printed on the quote.

Hope this helps.

May 3rd, 2017, 08:07 AM
signal

Thanks. I will check that out again and as a courtesy I will update you on whether we get it to work.

May 3rd, 2017, 08:14 AM
KarinC

Hi , If I have populated field 1 in CommitCRM Items, then I do a Synchronise of items from QuickBooks to CommitCRM, will my Field 1 data be wiped out?

May 3rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
signal

Hi. Just to correct you there "From our discussions it seems that you use a custom field in QuickBooks to keep this information for the item".... this is not true. The field "U/M" is default in QB for every ITEM.

May 3rd, 2017, 09:00 AM
Support Team

@KarinC - From our testing, this field will not be wiped/cleared when syncing items between QuickBooks and RangerMSP as this field is not included in the synced data fields.

@signal - thank you for this information. Our suggestion is still relevant as this field is not synced between QuickBooks and RangerMSP.

Hope this helps.

May 4th, 2017, 03:03 PM
AN-Tech

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but where in QB is there a unit of measure option?

On my end in QB a service item only has a rate, no U/M. Inventory Parts have a Cost and Sales Price. Non-Inventory Parts only have a Price option.

Then in CommitCRM there is only an option for Hours or Units.