RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 6th, 2017, 03:42 PM
ericjmail

Like me, all of our tech's travel during the day.

Wherever I go, I'm in Outlook all day: on desktop, laptop, cell phone, using OWA.

When a client sends me an email (about 50 a day) I want to click reply on email message and CC a special address that the email connector will receive and then append the email to the client's account record?

I believe this could be done by parsing the complete email address or the domain (aclient.com) from the SEND TO identity on the message.

Especially - I don't want this to create a new ticket.

I'm aware of "send email to account" function within CommitCRM, but find it a bit tiresome to launch the application to send an email, and the formatting/overall process is a bit less elegant than outlook.

Last edited by ericjmail : March 6th, 2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot important detail

March 7th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. The requirement is clear and we will have it filed.

March 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM
nattivillin

You should be able to CC the connector and put ONLY the ticket number in the subject field and it will add it to the history of the ticket.

Our problem is we have to lookup the ticket number each time with takes additional time.

May 24th, 2017, 03:56 AM
KarinC

Hi
We are having an issue where the reply's to tickets via email are not posting in the Ticket history thread.
What process should I be following to make sure the email reply appears in the ticket?

May 24th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Assuming that you refer to replies sent by employees, you should verify the following:

1. The email address of the employee sending the reply should exist and be stored under an active Employee account record in RangerMSP and it has to be unique - e.g. a personal address of this specific employee.

2. The email message should be sent TO: <Your-Public-Email-Address> used by Email Connector and NOT directly to the customer, otherwise the email will not be processed by Email Connector.

3. The Ticket number should exist on the email subject.

Hope this helps.