RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

March 2nd, 2022, 10:37 AM
zach.dundore

We currently use RangerMSP to create tickets on a schedule for weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly tasks. These tickets will auto generate regardless if the previous ticket is still open. I am wondering if we can configure the system to close these tickets automatically so we don't get duplicate tickets created?

March 2nd, 2022, 11:07 AM
Support Team

This is a great question! Tickets created on a schedule are not related to one another and while the system guarantees that scheduled tickets will be created it does not check the status of the previous month ticket, e.g. last month. I can see how it can fit some use cases, and maybe less so others. We'll take note of this idea and evaluate it. Thanks for asking!

March 2nd, 2022, 11:45 AM
zach.dundore

Is it even possible to auto close tickets based on a specific criteria? I don't need the system to understand the connection between the old and new tickets. If we could run something that would check for tickets that match a subject/date opened/assigned manager and close all that would fit that query, that could help us as well.

March 2nd, 2022, 12:48 PM
Support Team

This is an interesting take. Normally RangerMSP has the tools to prevent staff from closing tickets too early, for example it can be configured to prevent closing tickets when no charges have been logged under such tickets, or no resolution filled. This idea goes in the opposite direction. I guess that the two can live side by side where the ticket will block some tickets from getting closed (as it does already) while for others it will auto close them. Thanks for asking, feedback logged and will be considered.