RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Community Sharing Center > Reports
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

September 25th, 2019, 10:24 PM
DavidF

Hi,

We have a client that wants a single monthly report showing all the tickets for the preceding month with a summary that shows the number of tickets by Manager, by Status and by Reason, with an average time per ticket. I have used a "Tickets list by Manager and Status" as a base. I can get the average ticket time and the number of tickets included in the report but what I would like is a summary of the status and reason code similar to the built in report "Number of Tickets by Manager". When I look at the design of that report the data set is completely different to the other report.
My question - is it possible to have this sort of summarised total in the summary section of the report i.e. Manager name and number of tickets per that manager, Reason Code Name and number of tickets per reason code and Status name and number of tickets per that status?

Thanks for your assistance.

September 26th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Yes, it is possible to add totals and summaries to the report Tickets list by Manager and Status.
As this report has specific hierarchy and grouping, the total fields should be added to the 'Footer' band of each group - by Manager, by Status.
We have prepared a sample of such a report and you can import the attached report (using the Import from File option under the Reports menu) and see how it designed.

As for a summary based on the Ticket reason - you will need to add an additional group to the report and you will need to sort the report by this field while generating the report.

Hope this helps.

September 30th, 2019, 10:48 PM
DavidF

Thanks for your assistance. I have imported your suggested report and will have a go at modifying to suit.
Regards,
David