RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

February 23rd, 2022, 07:04 AM
ak47uk

Hi, I have an item in RangerMSP that I synced to Quickbooks Online some time ago. I just made a change to the item in Ranger and tried to sync this change to QBO. I then receive a pop up error:

A business validation error has occurred while processing your request.
Business Validation error: Do you also want to update memorised sales transactions to use the new values?

The cause of this is I have recurring invoices that this item is present on, so QBO is asking if I want to update those too but the Ranger link doesn't give me an option to say yes or no. Is there a way around this? I don't want to have to manually update both sides but I can't remove the items from the recurring invoices and then add them back again each time either.

Thanks

February 23rd, 2022, 10:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

This is the first time that we receive such a report. From the quick review of QuickBooks Online information (for developers), it seems that such items, linked to recurring invoices in QuickBooks, indeed cannot be updated using the API.

Our team will look further into this and in case there will be any solution/workaround, we will post an update.

Currently, you may consider removing the link between the Item in RangerMSP and QuickBooks - this can be done from the Items window using the 'QB' dropdown button located on the toolbar.

Then you can create a new item in QuickBooks from the RangerMSP Item - using the same QB dropdown. This may require renaming the Item in RangerMSP.

Hope this helps and thanks for asking!