RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 22nd, 2019, 02:02 PM
idigitaltech

During import and sync CommitCRM copies the Name/Number field from Quickbooks into both the Item Code and Name fields. While i understand why they do this it creates a problem for us when adding products to tickets. We use the Name/Number field to hold the SKU of an item for reading with barcodes. While we can use the search function on the program and drag the description over to see it better, that does not work with the web interface. We have a few Apple users that have to use the web app.

Is there a way to change what is shown on the web interface drop down?

If not, is there a work around?

January 23rd, 2019, 06:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

While adding Charges using the Web Interface, the Item drop down shows the Item Code and Item Name fields. Currently there is no option to add additional columns/fields to this drop down.
As a workaround you may consider editing the Item Code in RangerMSP to make it more meaningful for users.
Updating the Item Code in RangerMSP will not affect on the item details in QuickBooks.

Hope this helps.

January 23rd, 2019, 09:12 AM
idigitaltech

Considering how many items we have and how frequently new items are received, this is not a realistic option. I can't believe this hasn't come up before now. In fact, I know it has.

Are there any plans to make this more user friendly? Choosing what fields are displayed on a web page is not a Herculean task. If the page code was editable, I could do it myself.

January 23rd, 2019, 11:20 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your reply. We were referring to the dropdown field, lists do show such columns. In any case, we've already verified that we have this request on file for review and consideration. Your feedback is clear. Thanks!

January 23rd, 2019, 11:28 AM
idigitaltech

Thanks for the quick replies.
Same as you, I was referring to changing what was displayed in the dropdown list on the webpage.
Glad to see it's at least being considered.

February 8th, 2022, 06:07 AM
trgteam

We would like to see the same feature or similar. Currently when synchronizing items the name and item code are the same which does not make it easy to know which exact product or line item is being selected. If the name and description could show in the drop-down display that would be super helpful!

February 9th, 2022, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting.

We assume that the request mostly refers to selecting the Item while using the Web Interface, as in the Windows client the user can already click magnifying glass to open the Item selection window that already includes the Item description column.

In any case - thank you for your feedback on this. We will consider this for a future release.

Thanks!