RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 25th, 2009, 03:49 PM
ebuhrendorf

The amazingly responsive support staff and I have already discussed this but I haven't seen a call for this in the forums (at least as far back as Feb '09) and wanted to see what other users feel about it.

Where it seems most users on these forums went to CommitCRM for their ticketing needs, I came to CommitCRM for my Asset tracking/management. I have many networks with Computers, Servers, Routers, Printers, etc etc that I manage and was in real need of a solid way to track relevant information based on the type of Asset.

Call for Feature:
I would benefit greatly if CommitCRM had "Asset Profiles" of which you could customize ALL the tabs relating to that TYPE of Asset or Asset Profile. Right now CommitCRM only allows Hardware, Software, and Other and no matter which one you select, they all show the same Tabs including custom tabs and fields.
This is difficult for me because I'm finding my Tab bar is becoming very crowded and is showing alot of tabs/information that isn't relevant to many of my assets.

So far CommitCRM is an amazing product and I am so very impressed with the support staff. I need this feature and I hope you all agree thereby bumping it up on the feature priority list.

Eric

September 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
nattivillin

The asset profile are definitely lacking. We work on so many different pieces or equipment, it is quickly becoming a pain not to be able to customize more profiles.

September 30th, 2009, 11:37 AM
ebuhrendorf

nattivillin - I'm glad to see at least one person having the same issue. Is that it though? Is there anyone else who has problems tracking Assets?

Additionally, I have to document information for "Accounts" from third party vendors like Domain Registrars, Hardware vendors, etc. How are you all imputting and managing this data in CommitCRM (or not in Commit)?

Can we see some changes/additions in 5.3 for Asset Profiles?

September 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Support Team

Hi guys, thanks again for your feedback on this. The Asset profiles request has been added to our list, however, I'm not sure when this may be added. At the moment, as mentioned also in other threads, you can add your own tabs and fields to maintain different asset profiles, and although all tabs are always displayed, this is quite an effective tool.

As for documenting information for "Accounts" from third party vendors like Domain Registrars, Hardware vendors, etc. I would suggest keeping those as Accounts in RangerMSP, and assign them with the relevant type (you can edit the account types list using the "Edit List" option in the account type pull-down menu). This way you can also link the vendors to assets (in the Asset's Vendor/manufacturer tab), and use this information in many other places in the application.

I hope this helps.

Sheli

October 2nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
nattivillin

ebuhrendorf - Most of the information we store on all our customers various domains and other information we just use a good old xls. Since it doesn't change that often, that method works for now. It would be great to be able to add that info as an asset in CommitCRM. QB handles all our account info from vendors & such.

October 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Aveyotech

We use the asset-other for tracking our Clients domain registrars, web hosting, DNS hosting and etc. We simply name them all similar then filter by other and sort by name. ie Domain Name, Web Hosting etc... This isn't to bad given that we only are tracking about 50 at the moment. However it would be nice to be able to specify additional groups.

I could easily see adding the following groups to the asset types. Licensing, Network, Web/Domain, Servers, Stations.

I know our hardware asset list is getting pretty difficult to find what you're looking for hence the addition of servers, stations, and network to the types.

November 25th, 2009, 11:56 AM
ebuhrendorf

Come onCommitCRM... what's the status of expanding this?

November 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Support Team

Hi ebuhrendorf,

Thanks for the follow-up. I can tell you we are working on many great enhancements at the moment, however, I'm afraid this one is probably not going to make it to our coming release. I've added another vote for this feature request in our system.

Thanks,
Sheli