RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 15th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Dan@Vemotion

Hello,

I am trying to import files however I need getting the below error, however I am not sure why it is failing when that name is in the list?

Record 2 Not imported
Fields with illegal values:
Account: 20 20 CCTV
Operation cancelled. Field: "Account Manager" has invalid data - "Stewart McCone".

Anyone know a way round as I don't want to manually have to set the account manager for 400+ accounts

Thanks
Dan

March 15th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The 'Account Manager' field value has to be taken from the list of Employees, it means that the Account Manager is an employee responsible for this customer. In order to set the Account Manager when importing Accounts, you should first add Employee records. During the import the system will then match between 'Stewart McCone', found in the imported file, and employee name - just verify that the name in RangerMSP matches - exactly - the name in the file you import.

Hope this helps.

March 15th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Dan@Vemotion

That's what I am doing I have copied and pasted to make sure the names are the same, however I am still getting the error

March 15th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Support Team

Oh, sorry for misleading you here. After further checking, unlike with Tickets import, while importing Accounts, the Manager field should contain the Employee Record ID - this can be found and copied from the Preview or Notes tab under the Employee (you can access the Notes tab from the All Tabs dropdown.

Please copy the Record ID and replace the Manager name in the Excel file before importing.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

March 15th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Dan@Vemotion

I see thanks