RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

March 23rd, 2021, 10:26 AM
rleishman@librait.net

When I reply to ticket email, in Ranger, I intermittently receive many messages in the History section

Message undeliverable
Your message contains invalid characters (bare line feed characters) which the email servers at XXXX don't support

March 23rd, 2021, 11:22 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this and asking.

This error may be related to the template structure you use to send an email from RangerMSP.

Please try to use another template or send an email without any template. In case this will work and the email will be processed through the Email Connector, you should review the content of the Email Template - It might include an invalid HTML structure or characters and therefore the mail server refuses to send it.

In case our assistance with template validation will be required - please use the Export button located under the Email Template window and export the template to a zipped file that you can share with us.

Hope this helps!

March 24th, 2021, 09:09 AM
rleishman@librait.net

Hi

Thanks for the info. I do have a question. when I click on "Open Source Email" on the general tab within a ticket, how do I tell what template I'm using.

March 24th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Support Team

You are welcome!

The link 'Open Source Email" will open the original email message that created a Ticket in Outlook, i.e. the original/first email received from the customer.

The email will open in Outlook.

Email Templates are used when replying to the Ticket using the toolbar's Email button or using the 'Reply' link under the History tab.

While clicking the drop down you should see the default Email Template first marked as bold and you can also select any other Email Template to generate an email.

You can also find and change the default Email Template by visiting the Settings menu > Email Templates - look for the templates used for Tickets data source.

Hope this helps!

March 24th, 2021, 11:05 AM
rleishman@librait.net

When I click the 'open source email' link, and then click the outlook reply, that is when we receive this error message. We then create a new email outside of Ranger to ensure the customer gets the email. I have never used the toolbar's Email button or using the 'Reply' link under the History tab to send an email to the ticket's customer

March 24th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Support Team

Opening the original and replying from there is probably the less common/ideal way to reply as in some cases the Ticket # may be missing, or the email won't get sent to the Email Connector address (that then distributed to the customer). So while the app tries to handle all such cases, it's somewhat more sensitive, however, it may or may not be related.

Does this happen to you when simply replying using the Reply option? or sending an new Email re the Ticket using the Email dropdown?

March 24th, 2021, 12:28 PM
rleishman@librait.net

This happens when simply replying using the reply option in outlook after opening with "Open Source Email".

March 25th, 2021, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the additional input.

As your reply happens directly from Outlook, then indeed no Email Template is used and we suspect that the bare line feed characters might come from the original customer email to which you reply to using Outlook.

Going back to the undeliverable message details you attached, we suspect that the destination mail server (XXXX) rejects such emails.

You may find a possible solution to fix such issues in this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Exc...xchange-online

Hope this helps.