RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 5th, 2021, 01:29 PM
stwman11

Would like to request a free-flowing note page. I personally use Notepad throughout the day to copy and paste notes into - phone numbers, ideas, calls, conversations. I then save them to my Desktop or wherever, if I get to it before I reboot due to an update or shutdown. This is not critical, but i think would be a good feature to have. As a consultant, most of my work is done with Ranger and I have it open all day, either the web or the main program and having a place to type and copy data to would be marvelous. Yes, there are many places and ways of doing this, Autosave in Notepad++, various websites, Keepnotes on the phone and a plethora of other ways. But, to have all the data saved into the database on Ranger would be awesome. If it is critical data, of course, I have other ways to save and record it (like the proper place in Ranger), but, still, free-flowing notes throughout the day can be invaluable and as most of my work is for the business, saving that data in Ranger without the need to click Save would be fantastic, along with a history of anything copied and pasted into it. To go so far as to have it time-stamped automatically would be incredible.

March 8th, 2021, 07:21 AM
Support Team

Thank you for suggesting this.

It is an interesting request and will be logged and considered.

You may consider using the History Note record to record/type such data.

A new Note can be added from the File menu > New > Note and you can click 'Go Advanced' button to open the Note in a non-modal window.
Although there is no auto-save, you can use the CTRL+S keyboard shortcut and if the data was not saved, you will be prompted to save the data on closing the application.

Selecting an Account usually is not mandatory and such Notes will be listed in the main History window.

Hope this helps.

April 16th, 2021, 08:24 AM
racassel

Brilliant. But no replacement for HTML. Text based apps are so 90's.