RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
darrren

Hi ,

Being the holiday season - we have numerous engineers going on holiday. They are therefore going to set their vacation emails which would reply to the new ticket alerts.

How do we stop these being seen as "normal" reply to a ticket - i.e CommitCRM Email Connector needs to ignore these vacation emails since they are not relevant ? (cant find a way to do this)

(is the only way to switch off email alerts before their vacation and then switch them back on after )

(that might be an issue since they might be on vacation but still on standby should the issue be urgent and the customer be on a particular SLA - therefore it would be great if they could still receive the alerts just in case .. but if the ticket is not part of their standby agreement - the other skeleton staff can attend to it)

Let me know.

December 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Support Team

Darren, the email connector has a feature called 'Automated Emails'. This feature lets you define rules that scan incoming email message before they are being processed by the 'standard' email connector. In case an email is identified as an 'Automated' one (like if it's subject includes a specific keyword) then the email skips standard processing. You can then have the system simply ignore it.

So, if you can configure your vacation emails to have a unique subject you can pick them as automated so they will not be distributed to the customer as an employee reply.

Click here to learn more about automated emails and the email connector. While it refers to automated emails coming from monitored devices or systems (RMM)... you will probably get the idea. One note - be careful with your configurations so you will not pick other, non-auto-reply-vacation, emails - what might result in employee replies being ignored/skipped and not distributed or filed...

I hope this helps.
Dina