RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 30th, 2015, 10:01 AM
awicks

We average 6,000 new tickets per year. I purchased the "SQL" version so I would not have limitations of lesser databases. It has only been in use since May 2015 and already users get "Not Responding" in the title bar when adding a new Asset and Customer. The wait times run between 15 and 30 seconds. That is too much precious time to waste.
The server holding the backend is only using 1% of CPU and 1.77 of 12GB of RAM. The drive array is solid state.

When they add a new Asset, does it search every existing asset to see if it already exists before it creates it?
If yes, does it do that for a customer too?

We are moving into our busy season, and I really need to speed this system up.
If that is not possible, I'll have to start looking for a replacement.
Please let me know if you have any solutions for this issue.
Thank you,
Alan

October 30th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. These response times are not typical and the system should run much much faster on SQL, we have users with hundreds of thousands tickets and it runs faster.

Anyhow - please first verify that you see "SQL" on the application title bar, if so, please email us your log files for further review, maybe something is logged there.

Thanks.

October 30th, 2015, 11:23 AM
jakogut

I'm not affiliated with Commit in any way, but that does sound unlikely to be related to the performance of the database. As the gentleman above said, indexed relational databases can handle many times as many records as you are using.

Is this problem occurring on a single workstation, or several?

If it's a single workstation, I would suspect a software or hardware problem on that machine.

October 30th, 2015, 03:42 PM
awicks

It does say SQL on the title bar, and it is on each workstation.
Which log files do you want?

October 30th, 2015, 03:49 PM
awicks

I have sent the log files.

November 2nd, 2015, 07:38 AM
Support Team

(The logs were analyzed and we have replied by email as our reply contains user information.)

November 22nd, 2015, 02:31 PM
nattivillin

I am sure they can get it figured out for you. CommitCRM is very fast even without the SQL upgrade. with the SQL it is the fastest software we use on a daily basis. I wish QB were as fast...

December 9th, 2015, 01:22 AM
sapsford

we have the same issue running on a 2012 server that displays low CPU and RAM usage

also running SQL, yes it listed is in the title bar

interested to know what the solution was as "not responding" occurs for 30 seconds or more each time on our system

file access to the server is fast, only Commit is slow

we use GFI link and our log files are 10 GB so cant send them

Steve

December 9th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. It seems like something is definitely wrong as it should run much much faster. Also, the fact that the logs are that big definitely indicates that something is not working as expected here. Please email us the screenshot of the Logs folder sorted by file size and we will then try to get back to you with the exact list of files to zip and email us.