RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
brian@procomputers.us.com

I have v5.6 of CommitCRM and it runs off my server. My quickbooks file was located on my local drive and the connector was in place and working for a number of years. My machine drive died (where QB file was), repalced the drive, and am attempting to reinstall the qbfc link to no avail. It brings up quickbooks intergration link setup, says qbfc is not installed and I click yes to do so, click run to the open file security warning, then it just comes back to the first screen saying to install. How do i remove the qbfc in place and reinstall or resolve otherwise???

November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Support Team

You should try installing QBFC, an Intuit product, as Admin by right clicking the setup file and selecting the 'Run as Administrator' option. It is possible that this setup fails due to lack of privileges. Then, after the installation is complete - restart your PC before trying to integrate.

In case this does not help we will be happy to review your RangerMSP log files, though I'm not sure that anything is logged there during the QBFC setup. Also, and regardless of this issues, please take a backup of RangerMSP before connecting it again to QuickBooks and syncing data.

Hope this helps.

November 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM

I tried as administrator to no avail. Seems the qbfc starts to run but never does. Event viewer leads to "An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle". Ideas?

November 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM

as it turns out, I had a corrupted qbfc install file? go figure...