RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 11th, 2018, 07:23 AM
LFITServices

I have a few email template questions. We are just starting to utilize the alerts to customers (I know we are late to the party). We have used CommitCRM for 7 years and just didn't want to involve CommitCRM in the email routing but since turning it on we have had fantastic feedback from our clients! So I would like to dress the alert messages up a little.

1. I have tried to include the SLA on the emails but it does not work? Here is what I use:
SLA: <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTSLARECID>
I have a SLA selected as default for the client and I do see it applied to the ticket but it displays nothing in the email.

2. Is there a way to include time used when a close ticket alert is sent?

3. Is there a way to show contract hours used on a ticket alert?

4. I know including images on these emails can be problematic. What is the recommended way to do that? Or is it just not recommended and stick to HTML code?

5. How much is too much? What are others opinions on how fancy to make your alerts? OR don't and just use straight plain text messages?

Thanks all!

November 12th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Please find our recommendations below:

1.In order to include the SLA name, please use the following field token:
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTSLARECID_FLDSLANAME>

2. Detailed time should be included in a PDF report attached to the email alert message (unlike as part of the email body). For example, you can select the 'Technician Service Form including Charges 1/2/3' and have it attached automatically as PDF to such emails. This can be configured under the Tools > Options > Alerts to Customer tab (see below).
You should restart the 'RangerMSP Server' service in order to apply any change immediately.
If needed, you can copy the system report (it is listed under the Charges reports) and customize it to your requirements.

3. Contract usage /used-hours cannot currently be included in such emails. We will take a note on this.

4. In order to include inline images, each image file should be available online, for example, hosted on your website. Then configure the HTML of the Email Template to point to the image there.

5. We believe that the amount of customization mostly depends on your customer expectations. With HTML code embedded in the template you kinda have unlimited options.

Hope this helps.

November 13th, 2018, 05:22 AM
LFITServices

Thanks. The <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTSLARECID_FLDSLANAME> did the trick. Not sure why it wasn't adding the '_FLDSLANAME' on the end.

The PDF attachment can fill the need for now but would be awesome if it were in the HTML or plain text email. I will modify one of the existing reports to my liking otherwise I could see clients to trying to pay from that.