RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 21st, 2015, 02:09 PM
aaspeer

We just moved to N-Central 10.0 from GFI. I'm working on setting up the E-Mail alerts for automatic tickets, but is there any hope for seeing a direct link like with GFI/Continuum?

Is anyone else out there using N-Central with CommitCRM?

Austin Speer
Onward ITC

May 21st, 2015, 05:31 PM
hayden

We were. In the end we just had CommitCRM capture it using very specific rules to catch them and assign them correctly.

June 22nd, 2015, 02:06 PM
bdbrower

We use N-Central 10.0 and would very much like to see a tighter integration between it and CommitCRM.

June 22nd, 2015, 02:32 PM
Support Team

Feedback noted and will be considered. Thank you!

June 22nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
AaronJacobs

Long time CommitCRM & Ncentral user here.

2 or 3 times I have started to spend the time to work on integration and then always stopped. It has not been a major thing for the way we operate but it is starting to become one.

Integration to this product is probably the one thing that will hold us to CommitCRM, otherwise we may end up on a product that already has the integration.

June 22nd, 2015, 10:16 PM
aaspeer

Commit - Maybe in the 9.5 release we can see integration with NCentral on some level?

June 23rd, 2015, 06:01 AM
Support Team

It will be considered. This looks important but so other plenty of other ideas and requirements. Thanks for asking.

For what it worth, to get a more advanced integration "today" you may consider hiring (maybe as a group?) a freelancer that will use RangerMSP's API and N-Central API to write it. It should probably be straight forward. On sites such as upwork.com you may find good talent for a reasonable price. Just a thought...

Thanks again.

June 23rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
mlofaro

yes we are in same boat we love CommitCRM and don't want to even think about using the n-central helpdesk module but it makes it hard unless commit comes up with tighter integration. Please let us know if you are considering this we would love to see the integration.

June 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
Support Team

Noted as well and will be considered. Again, as there's a small group of interested users here, maybe you can getting a programmer that will implement it for you - today, it may cost the same as a module and you can also split future module sales to other with the programmer or anything like that. Just a thought to get this advanced integration implemented in the near future.

Thanks for all your feedback.

July 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
bdbrower

Another long-time N-Central / CommitCRM user here longing for a true integration of the two apps. Just wondering why you assume "a small group of interested users here"? I don't remember ever being surveyed on the RMM we use as a CommitCRM user. Solarwinds N-Able is one of the major players in RMM apps, and is probably used by more of your customers than you might think (my guess is that only a small number of your users ever read or post in these forums).

Your advice that users take it upon themselves to hire a programmer to achieve tighter integration is both surprising and disappointing. As much as we like CommitCRM, our own long-term growth "roadmap" includes moving to a CRM that has such integration in order to achieve the efficiencies it will provide us if CommitCRM has not done so when we reach that point.

I know your response will be the same old "we have many feature requests and can only do so much based on priorities", but I think you should also consider the level of positive impact a feature provides, even it it is for a subset of all of your users. I.E., an added feature that provides a major "every day" advantage to a smaller number of your users might be more important ("higher priority") than a minor added feature that provides a very minor advantage to all users (but may actually only be used very sporadically by a small number of all of your users). Just because an added feature CAN be used by all users doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be used by all users; there are many features in recent upgrades that we have not and never will use, even though they could be. This perspective never seems to be considered when you comment on how features are selected for development and implementation.

July 1st, 2015, 09:25 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your thoughts. Using the API may provide you with a solution today. It isn't necessary the ideal solution but nevertheless it is a viable solution that may also be a solid one, therefore we still believe that we should have mentioned it and glad that we did. We hear you and seriously consider this among other requests. Thanks!

January 31st, 2016, 04:05 AM
psi4eva

It would be good to see direct integration. We currently have Autotask and N-Central tied together quite nicely, though a switch to CommitCRM is now underway. The time saved with direct would be fantastic and I would be willing to help fund a module/programmer. The main question from our side is proposed cost and estimated time frame.

Thanks

February 1st, 2016, 04:02 AM
nfsutim

N-central Integration would be great!

AT and N-central in use at the moment with a gradual switch to CommitCRM occurring if CommitCRM had integration then i could switch faster kill off AT.

February 1st, 2016, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your feedback. As you may know already the Email Connector may be used to convert alerting emails into service tickets under the relevant customer account (site) and asset (device). When it comes to direct integration, we do not have any ETA to share at this time. Thanks for asking and we would definitely look further into it.

June 15th, 2016, 04:09 PM
i2pinc

Another vote for N-Central integration. If anyone is considering a custom development project, I'm open to discuss funding it. A module from the CommitCRM team would be ideal. They just purchased LogicNow so expect a lot more requests for this in the near future.

June 21st, 2016, 04:58 PM
stephan

We are also looking to move from Maxfocus to N-Able/N-Central.

June 25th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Stanley Ng

I thought LogicNow has been acquired by Solarwinds and become Solarwinds MSP. Moving from MaxFocus to N-able should be same right. Solarwinds yet provide any roadmap when they going to merge this two products..?

June 25th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Support Team

Solarwinds now owns two separate RMM products under their RMM division. The first is Maxfocus/GFI MAX (LogicNow) and the other is n-able. Based on their public statements both products will keep moving forward separately but under one roof.

September 3rd, 2016, 05:50 AM
LFITServices

We have just completed our three month journey of migrating from LogicNow to N-able. I would be interested in hearing about anyone else's transition. Probably need to take it from this forum but interested in hearing about your experience.

September 3rd, 2016, 05:58 AM
psi4eva

No direct integration, but good news. N-Able is currently running new beta for v11
One notable change includes added support for a custom PSA solution.

https://nrc.n-able.com/Support/Softw...seNotes_en.pdf

We had been waiting for some more direct integration for a while now, but having seen this I feel it will likely meet our needs.

Regards,

Scott

April 29th, 2017, 04:00 AM
Stanley Ng

Anyone can share on CommitCRM & N-able integration.

Beside, can anyone share how you provide daily/weekly/monthly report in Solarwinds MSP (LogicNow MaxFocus) in N-Able RMM?

Thank You
Stanley

October 22nd, 2018, 09:47 PM
TrustedGenius

I am looking into a new RMM and PSA tool right now. Can anyone provide any experience with the newer vesion of N-central with CommitCRM?