RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
hugicr

Hello.

I'm sure this is a simple fix but just can't figure it out.

If we make an update to an appointment for our techs, I would like for an email to be sent to that tech for which the change was made.

How do I go about this?

I see where I can create an alert for this (TOOLS/ OPTIONS/ ALERTS/ Calendar - Appointments) but I have it turned on for me, but alerts are not being sent when I make changes to my calendar.

What could be the problem?

January 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. First you need to have the back-end RangerMSP Alerts Server module up-n-running as part of the RangerMSP Server service (setup guide).

Then - the alerting settings your referred to (under Tools > Options > Alerts) are personal, meaning that each user needs to configure them separately and select which alerts they are interested to receive.

Plus - each employee should have their personal email address stored under their Employee record in RangerMSP.

Last but not least, and this is where I suspect that your test failed, alerts are only sent to a user when another user performs the update. You will not be alerted about updates you perform.