RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
sgtinc

I would love to see contracts that can encompass several options. We do contracts that are unlimited remote support and certain amounts of on-site support. We end up with three contracts for these customers - a "blanket" one that I bill from, one for remote support, and one for on-site. I would like to see a single contract that would allow multiple types in it.

Contract A
Charge Frequency: Monthly (yearly, weekly etc.)
Charge Amount: $xxxx.xx
Included hours of type Labor-Remote = unlimited (or 10, 5 etc.)
Included hours of type Labor-OnSite = 15
Included hours of type Labor-Server = 5
etc...
And of course I want CommitCRM to track all the different labor items and yes, warn me if they went over any of the set limits but automatically calculate the invoice for the end of the month to bill any overages. I came to CommitCRM from ConnectWise and that is about the only feature that I miss - they had a great contracts module.

Also, how about adding the ability to batch invoice to QuickBooks? When I do contracts every month, it would be nice to also send invoices to QuickBooks without having to select each contract individually. Batch Copy Contracts and Batc Invoice when done.

June 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Support Team

A QuickBooks Batch Invoice creation feature already exists :-)
It was introduced about a year ago.
Click to learn all about batch invoicing with QuickBooks.

All other feedback related to Contracts been noted with thanks!

June 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
sgtinc

Right in front of my face this whole time! I apologize for all grumblings directed towards CommitCRM everytime I have done batch contracts over the past couple of years :)

June 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Support Team

:)

July 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
hugicr

Agree with your suggestions above! In addition it would be nice to:

1) have the ability to "rollover" unused time when renewing/closing a contract

2) because we have monthly "rollover" hours, we use Commits contracts on monthly basis so it would be nice to be able to create all the contracts at once for the length of the agreement, rather than individually renewing each one.

3) would be nice to be able to batch Active contracts