RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
aaspeer

Hello,

I have noticed that when I attach a document to a ticket that it shows up in the account documents list. I have one particular account that has attachments on every ticket, now their account documents list is a mess, and I only want to see specific documents within that list.

Is there any way to have any documents that are attached to tickets only show up on the ticket and not on the master account?

Thanks,

Austin Speer
Onward iT
www.MyOnward.com

November 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Support Team

Hi Austin,

That's true - when viewing the Docs tab under the Account you see ALL documents linked to this account, including those which are actually linked to tickets. At the moment there is no way to filter out the "ticket" documents in the Docs tab.

However, you do have a way to do this in the History tab. What you can do is view the History tab, which by default shows only history which is linked to the Account directly. Only if you click the "Detail" checkbox at the bottom of the History tab, it will also show you activity linked to tickets, assets, etc.

In the History tab you can see all the Charges, Documents, Tickets, Opportunities, etc. which have been added to this Account, and filter them by type.

So, go to the History tab, filter to show only Documents, leave the "Detail" unchecked, and this will show you exactly what you need!

I hope this helps.

Sheli

November 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
aaspeer

Could we add that as a feature request, so that if you are in the Account's docs tab you can click a box that only shows documents that were added directly to the account?

Thanks,
Austin Speer

November 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Support Team

Sure, this sounds like a helpful feature to be able to filter the docs like you filter the history. I added it as a feature request. Thanks for your input!

Sheli