RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
jshelton

I have changed several of the default fields under "Assets" to unique identifiers for the assets. I have linked those fields to the default fields 1,2,3 on the ticket. The problem i am having is that it gives me a drop down list that i have to choose from on each ticket, what i am wanting to do is have it auto populate from the corresponding asset field each time i create a ticket.

Thanks for any help

September 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Support Team

Thanks for posting this, however, I don't think I'm following you here - can you please elaborate what you mean by "...changed several of the default fiends under "Assets" to unique identifiers for the assets. I have linked those fields to the default fields 1,2,3 on the ticket"? I'm not sure exactly how you could do this. The fields in Assets are drop downs and cannot be converted into unique identifiers...

I guess that I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Dina

September 22nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
jshelton

Sorry, i meant that i changed the name from Field 1 to Division, field 2 to ID number, etc
i populated the drop down boxes with the information i needed, and went back on each asset and selected the information i wanted. That information will probably never change for that asset.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have that information automatically populate in the Field 1,Field 2, or Field 3 on the ticket each time a ticket is created on that asset.

As i have it now, i have to go under details when creating a ticket and choose from the drop down boxes

September 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the clarification, it is now much clearer.
The Ticket predefined custom fields are standalone and are not related to the predefined Asset custom fields. This means that they will not be auto populated with the details found in Assets. What you should do to see the entire Asset details when visiting the Ticket is right click the Asset field in Ticket and select the 'Show Asset' option. All of the Ticket's Asset details will now be displayed. Please note that some details are also listed under the Contract/Asset tab right within the Tickets Window itself.

Hope this helps.
Dina

September 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
jshelton

Actually that wasn't of much help either, one thing i failed to mention was that i e-mail the tickets to the techs, that is why i want to get as much information in the ticket as i can.

Ticket #: 0500-2800 Status: New
Type: General Status: Ext.:
Account: Saulsbury Industries Priority: Normal
Address: 2951 E Interstate 20 Odessa, TX 79766
Open Date: 09/26/2011 02:39 PM
Region Code: Due Date:
Contract: System Global System Contract Close:
Source: E-Mail Field1:
Category: Field2:
Cause: Field3:
Asset: Estimated Work Duration (min.): 30
Show Ticket in Dispatcher: Yes

September 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Support Team

As explained, these custom Assets fields are not copied to the Ticket but rather you have access to them by showing the Asset. The only thing I can see that you can do is selecting these values for the Ticket record as well. You can right click the Field1/2/etc. of the Ticket and select to open the field properties, on the second tab you can select which drop down list of values is used. Select the same one you created for Assets so you will share the drop down values. Then select the relevant values for the Ticket.

Thanks,
Dina

September 22nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
jshelton

Sorry, i hit the wrong key and it posted before i was finished.

Actually that wasn't of much help either, one thing i failed to mention was that i e-mail the tickets to the techs, that is why i want to get as much information in the ticket as i can.
This is what prints out on the ticket, i don't understand why there are fields in there that you can't get to populate with asset data automatically like "field 1" "field 2" "Field 3" etc.
when all of the other fields such as Account, Contact, Address ,Contract do fill in automatically with data pre entered under the asset.

Ticket #: 0500-2800 Status: New
Type: General Status: Ext.:
Account: Saulsbury Industries Priority: Normal
Address: Saulsbury Industries - Shawn
2951 E Interstate 20 Odessa, TX 79766 Open Date: 09/26/2011 02:39 PM
Region Code: Due Date:
Contract: System Global System Contract Close:
Source: E-Mail Field1:
Category: Field2:
Cause: Field3:
Asset: Estimated Work Duration (min.): 30
Show Ticket in Dispatcher: Yes

September 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Support Team

Field1,2,3... etc. are place holders for predefined custom fields. Like you have already did - the fields can be renamed to anything you want. There is now correlation between custom fields of different entities.

September 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
jshelton

i guess whats throwing me is that under "Assets-Details" you have user defined
Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 that you can setup.

Under "Tickets-Details" you have user defined Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 that you can setup to pull the information from the Asset fields, but it won't pull it automatically once you have the information set in the asset.

It only brings over the drop down box and you have to re-choose information for each ticket you create that is already set and will likely never change on that asset.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's something i'm missing or even something that could be looked into by the developers

September 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
jshelton

I've been tasked with making sure this information gets on the tickets and since I've noticed that my pay raises tend to reflect the boss's mood.....