RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM
pfessak

Is there a way to automatically include the resolution in the quickbooks invoice. Hate the cutting & pasting. I have customers that have multiple locations & all invoices go to the corp. office. This would eliminate the calls I get for what the invoice is for.

October 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Support Team

The Resolution field cannot be included, this is because QuickBooks invoices generated from within RangerMSP are based on Charges and their description. Invoice can be generated at different levels (i.e. not just Tickets). For example, when generating invoices at the customer level you will include Charges from many different Tickets... etc.

What you should do is fill in the steps you followed to resolve an issue as part of your Charges description. These then goes to the Invoice lines and the customer sees them.

Having said all that I will add your vote for this feature request as we already have a similar request on file. Thank you.

Hope this helps.
Dina

October 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
pfessak

Even a check box, in options or in tickets, to insert resolution into quickbooks invoice would help. Most of my tickets are never seen by the accounting departments.

October 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Mister-c

+1 for this.
I currently manually copy and paste the resolution into the invoice on Quickbooks. it would be cool if I didn't have to remember to do this everytime i send an invoice.

October 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
lpopejoy

We have setup a report in Access to run each month and mail out with our invoices. This provides a "cross-reference" between the ticket # on the QB invoice and actual ticket problem/resolutions. This kind-of helps to address this problem - though not perfect.

October 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM
pfessak

My bills go to an accounting department in NY & the site can be anywhere in the country. They do not look at anything but the bill. The bills are scanned & forwarded via email to a regional manager if over $500 & under $ 5000 for approval. If the bills are under $500 they go to the store, if they are over $5000 they go to the corporate district President. They are approved by one of the above & paid. If I forget to cut & paste the info I am not paided in a timely manner. I also receive a hundred calls about what the bills are for. If I am not in the office, which is often, I can't explain what it is for.

The quickbooks link is great but only having a default labor charge is lacking on the information part. Tickets get lost or thrown out at the sites. Each site has multiple managers & assistant managers. We deal with different people each time depending on who is working that day.

Please add the feature.

I just sent $105,000 in bills to them ranging from $ 150 to $40,000. All in total about 40 invoice. This is why I need this. They have 90 sites & growing.

October 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
pfessak

I more thing. This prevents my from doing batch invoicing.

October 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
lpopejoy

While I think this can be relatively easily addressed with a report included with the invoice (unless you email your invoice through Quickbooks, then it becomes more difficult), I do see how this could be a huge advantage. One drawback is that Quickbooks invoicing doesn't really lend itself to a good layout of PAGES of info (you get the same header on subsequent pages, and no page #'s).

Personally, I think it would be nice to "GROUP" the charges by ticket - so you would have a text line on the QB invoice that would have a ticket #, and could optionally contain problem description, resolution, custom fields, quote #'s whatever... then under that you would have all charges for that ticket... That would make it a very readable invoice - and make it easy to cross reference charges with tickets (if you were including a ticket report with that invoice).

@pfessak, if you want to see the reports we are doing in Access to send out with our invoices, I can show them to you - shoot me an email: luke@incomservice.net.

--Luke

October 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
AN-Tech

pfessak,

Another thought would be to create an invoice looking form in CommitCRM and send that to the client. Then when you have CommitCRM create your Quickbooks invoices dont send those to the clients, just use them to receive payments against.

I realize this doesn't get the ticket resolution in Quickbooks but might solve your issue now and wouldnt take much more work if any at all in your invoicing process.

October 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
pfessak

Let me clarify for everyone. I can't send a report with the resolution. When I send the invoices, they are scanned in if mailed. I send it as a pdf which is auto entered. They use an accounting program that uses ocr to automatically enter the bills. The bills are then electronically submitted for approval to the appropriate person. They can not use a extra report since it can not be scanned into the system.

I am only looking to add the resolution to the description of the line item. It can be done easily. I can add the times, employee & date to the description. All I am asking for is to add the resolution to the description of the labor item in CommitCRM.

October 20th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Support Team

pfessak, thank you for providing additional information. We have this request on file however the problem I personally see is that if you have 5 Charges for a ticket the Resolution will be displayed 5 times. It's OK to display the Ticket # more than once but the entire resolution seems a bit problematic yet it may be a possible solution. In case you mostly have a single Charge per Ticket this would definitely help.

Thanks.

October 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM
lpopejoy

...or you could add the "resolution" to the charge description... but that's not really optimal either.

October 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
pfessak

A check box that would add the resolution to the individual charge would work. An example would be when I add the charge, a check box on the individual charge would work so I could check only the first charge for the ticket. Ideally you could put in a system option & only add the resolution to the first or last charge on the ticket. you would have to put in a routine to add the resolution for the first or last charge on the ticket. A variable that stores the ticket number & compares against the ticket numbers in the charges would be the easiest way.

If multiple tickets on an invoice, the variable starts at 0. First charge ticket number not equal variable include resolution and replace the variable with the ticket number. Go down charges for ticket. When it reaches the next set of charges for a new ticket, the variable will not match the new ticket number. Include resolution again and replace the variable. So on & so forth.