RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
joelwhrs

I have configured everything in the CommitCRM web interface files and also forwarded the correct port and opened it up as well in pfsense. If I enter my web ip address and the port number it will correctly redirect it to the correct file but then just loads a blank page. What do I need to do to fix this? I have tried using a clearos firewall with the same port forward, etc and it works perfectly. Any ideas?

November 13th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. It's hard to tell exactly what's wrong but let's try:

RangerMSP Web Interface module runs as a service on your server called 'RangerMSP Web Interface' / 'RangerMSPWebInterface'.

The port it listens to is configured in its .ini file, and it defaults to 4961.

The Web interface service does not, in any way, opens or blocks ports on your server. All it does is listen on the specified port. If connections arrive it processes them. So, the configure the firewall to have traffic go in and out over the specified port.

Before testing it externally behind your firewall I recommend that you first verify that the Web interface service works on your server itself. This will eliminate any problems with ports being blocked.

For this this is what you should do:

1. Edit the RangerMSPWebInterface.ini file and modify the IP address to 127.0.0.1.
2. Save.
3. Restart RangerMSPWebInterface on your server.
4. Open a Web Browser on the server itself and navigate to http://127.0.0.1:4961
You should see the Web interface login page.

If all is good it means that the service is functioning, and as described above, something external blocks communication to the port.

You should now try to access it from external sources but FIRST you must update the IP address.
Edit the RangerMSPWebInterface.ini file again, set the IP address to your external IP address and restart the service again. Only then test it from external sources.

Note: When you do check it externally do not test it from your LAN but rather from outside of your network. For example, try from home or with a mobile device over the phone Internet service to try this.

Hope this helps.

November 13th, 2012, 06:46 AM
joelwhrs

I have already tried this and it works fine if I keep it on the LAN. I think the pfsense firewall doesn't like it that it gets redirected. I was just figuring that maybe someone else on here is running it with pfsense and could offer some tips...

November 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Support Team

Maybe someone will post about pfsense. Anyway, the port should be opened in both directions, the .ini file should contain the external IP address (and the service restarted). As soon as the firewall is configured with port-forwarding correctly all should work well for you.

November 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM
joelwhrs

It is open in both directions and I have the external ip setup. I may try to change it to a different port and see if that helps...

November 13th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the update. The Web interface service serves traffic that arrives to it. I suspect that connection requests do not arrive to the service. If you modify the port please remember to restart the service.

November 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
lpopejoy

I used PFsense for awhile and had no problems. I know that doesn't help, but just letting you know that it CAN work. I don't understand why you would be getting a blank page though - that's really strange.

November 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
itognet

Hi Ipopejoy,

Maybe this can help...

You should try look at the NAT loopback option in pfsense. (System / Advanced)

Network Address Translation
Disable NAT Reflection Disables the automatic creation of NAT redirect rules for access to your public IP addresses from within your internal networks. Note: Reflection only works on port forward type items and does not work for large ranges > 500 ports.