RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
hayden

Hi,

just wondering if it is possible to catch the username of the staff member who submitted the support ticket. I am asking because I am doing advance data exports at the end of each month to generate a ticket report. All I can see is email connector unless they use the web interface.

Also, a good feature to have in the future would to have all reports/advanced data exports to be setup as reoccuring tasks (emailed or something?).

Thanks

September 27th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Support Team

hayden,

When the email connectors identifies that the Sender email address is related to a specific secondary contact of your customer (Account) it links the new Ticket to this specific secondary Contact, therefore, you do have the person that the Ticket is linked to. This is now to be confused with audit information that tracks more technical aspect of who updates/created the Ticket.

Note that RangerMSP Email Connector supports a domain matching option, where the Account is identified by the Sender domain in cases that an exact match is not found for the Sender email address (this behavior is optional). In this case the Contact for the Ticket will be the Primary Account Contact.

Besides, I noted your suggestions. Thanks.

Regards,
Dina

September 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM
hayden

Interesting.. I will do some testing and get back to you. I am using domain wide matching function (normally all their staff email us) but I'm pretty sure on the advanced data exports we're not getting any username.